The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

Yeah, that's usually how it works. But the brochures always show the pro models with much smaller bars than we would run.
I guess that boils down to the marketing's targets. For the homeowners and weekend warriors, they bring an over sized bar on small saws, because it's looked at like a dick and the size matters. For the pros who know how that works, horse power matters, so they put a tiny bar to make their big engines look even more powerfull.

Yeah, that's usually how it works. But the brochures always show the pro models with much smaller bars than we would run.

I usually get a laugh out of seing homeowner saws in California.
Way longer bars that they can actually pull.
Even if the owner could file ;)

My newest poulan I found in the trash is a joke. 20" bar, fullsize ⅜", and a 50cc motor. I have no idea how anyone thought that was a good idea. 20" of ⅜"lp would probably work pretty good on that, but for some reason the companies quit using that chain at <50cc.

The owner's manual says ⅜" without any modifiers, and all the parts are stock near as I can tell aside from the unused trilink chain that was on it. Looking at pics online, they didn't even use skip chain like they did on the 42cc saw. That would have at least made a little sense. The last bunch of years, that was the biggest saw they made, so I don't see anyone scavenging parts from other saws to make it happen.

Used to crack me up here as well. Go in the saw shop and low and behold, Husky 455 with 24 bar 3/8ths full comp. Low kick back chain. I would get HO off them to me from time to time. To much bar to lug around and no clue about how to sharpen chain. I'd slap and 18" bar on them and use them for ground saws. Found a lot of them burned up from trying to push 24" of dull HO chain.

edit:
sound seems to be awol, but I guess it isn't essential

edit2:
found a better link

Last edited:
Back