MasterBlaster - Explosives in Treework

RegC

TreeHouser
This ones for you Butch :drink:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rH1tXfrqCK0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keeps the climber out of the danger zone for sure.

I wonder if the rockport outlaw would be done like that these days.

Good vid, good soundtrack.

Crazy vid. Cool!

Is that the same roadway job you were working on awhile back?

Do you climb with chaps by rule or choice?

Well, if that doesn't round out your resume as a top treeman, I don't know what would. Very cool.

Good to see you posting.

Damn. That beats out my M-80’s and the asshole neighbors mailbox when I was a kid.

So cool Reg. You have probably the most rounded resume of any treeman out there.
That poor cottonweed on my creek bank. I just figured out it’s demise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all

Cory, yes the same job, road widening. They are red hot about safety on that site....too many mishaps since it started. Best to keep the chaps on when cutting.

Jonny, I was told, but dont remember the exact number of the explosive.

Good luck with that stump Rich. I recommend earmuffs

reg, was that a 5/8" lanyard? If so, curious if that is your regular one or if you use that mostly to spur up fat trees, better for gripping etc.

Something about the way Reg spurs up a tree evokes calmness, fluidity, effortlessness

reg, was that a 5/8" lanyard? If so, curious if that is your regular one or if you use that mostly to spur up fat trees, better for gripping etc.

Something about the way Reg spurs up a tree evokes calmness, fluidity, effortlessness

Its 5/8 cory. No steel core so it rolls easier up wide trees, correct

The last shot that tumbled the camera was cool to show...the familiar slow blinking red light of the GoPro as it laid in the duff on its side...good touch.

Good juxtaposition of the calm music with the violence of the blasts.

Depending on the amount and position of the explosives, yes you can get some direct by blowing the butt clean off the stump one way or the other which then tips and falls the top the opposite way. Within reason, obviously

My partner, Richard, worked on a road clearing job in South Africa before apprenticing with me.

When I did the apprenticeship inteview with him he talked about clearing huge trees out of the way.
So I asked him what saw he used.

Saw????, he answered.

Back