speed wrecking

murphy4trees

TreeHouser
After the intro there is uncut raw footage, showing 50 cuts in 15 minutes= 18 seconds a cut.

Learned the term "wrecking" from Jerry's book, which I refer to in the introduction.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H3F-A1XxGYo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your groundies must love you.
I’d have shut your truck off after about 3 minutes of that shit.

Sometimes, slower is faster. I try to make it easy for the ground crew to clean up; cut manageable-sized pieces and make them land facing the chipper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The ground crew was one green 25-year-old. He basically stood by the chipper and watched and played with the feed wheel bar, as I jammed the whole mess in with the skid steer. that's part 2

We saved some of the bigger wood for pick up and trimmed that. Otherwise no ground cutting, so a lot of it depends on the equipment and manpower you have. If I had had 4 guys on the ground I might have done things different.

I guess its just the human condition to judge the world from your little box

Yeah, but everyone had their default position before watching the video.

Different folks, different strokes.

I kinda always assume when I see wrecking like that the cleanup's gonna be with a grabber and stuffed into a big box.

If and when I do removals as a contract climber, I just wreck it out and leave. I don't GAF about the ground work....

Hey, I was told many times by the treeco owner to not worry about it and just get it on the ground FAST.

And if the treeco owner told you to keep a nice flow did you remind him that you don't gaf about no ground crew and you were knocking shit down, getting paid, and getting the frig out of dodge? :D

Many moons ago I did the odd contract climbing job. I just did as I was asked.

Honestly, I don't think most humans, including treeco owners realize that slowing the throwing can actually speed up the entire job.

If I am not involved in the clean up, I'll happily thow brush everywhere a few feet deep and then sprinkle some big wood on top :P

I think that is key. Know who your working for and what their capabilities are.

I have been contract climbing for about 15 years. Some I feed piece meal, others crash it out.

There is another side to the coin though. I worked for one firm who had on the books groundstaff and used contract climbers. Some days I couldn’t win, 4 guys on the ground. Cut it small and they say it was taking too long... Cut thefuckaoffin one and they would moan they had to pick a saw up and so some work.

Turns out they were a load of bitches, who would do anything to try and discredit the climbers.

Good points, all.

I've worked for practically every Treeco and gypo Logger in the county, and generally, with both, I had a crew working under me.

As a groundie, in my early years, I resented climbers and fallers that bombed the trees and made my work more difficult than it should have been. When I started climbing I swore I would never do that to guys working under me.

Of course there's times for everything. Like storm damage. You have to bomb sometimes.

Good vid and excellent points, all.

Murphy said he was cleaning up with a skid steer and chipper; if many of those limbshad landed flat instead of tip first they would get less broken up and therefore be easier and faster to clean up. Use a faster cutting saw.

Doesn't matter how fast the tree is on the ground, it matters how long it takes for the trucks to leave the job site.

When I put down material and clean it up with a machine, I don't make a jumbled mess, especially if I am in a bucket.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

If I was trying to make money on Youtube by impressing people impressed with speed of making a mess...I can see the point.

Doesn't matter how fast the tree is on the ground, it matters how long it takes for the trucks to leave the job site.

When I put down material and clean it up with a machine, I don't make a jumbled mess, especially if I am in a bucket.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

If I was trying to make money on Youtube by impressing people impressed with speed of making a mess...I can see the point.

you make me laugh... I haven't put much importance in how much effort it will take to clean up a "jumbled" mess in years. And I put a whole lot less importance than that on making $ on YouTube. Your grasp of reality is hanging on by a thread.

This was me running the skid steer... that may look easy, but you should see my regular operator at work. He's a lot faster and smoother. When he's on the job I just walk away! He makes everyone's job easy.

The mess you saw in the tree wrecking vid was only about 65% of the mess here. I bombed a bunch more stuff over the driveway after the battery died. If you watch carefully the ground man at the chipper was actually checking his phone between runs. Took 45 minutes to get the whole mess chipped with two men.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Fr2fp9DKvo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Speed Wrecking 50 Cuts in 15 Minutes

Video thumbnail: Speed Wrecking 50 Cuts in 15 Minutes 34:08

Watch time (minutes)
Views
Total views since the video was published.
Watch time (minutes)
Your estimated revenue
$3.25

Back