You're FIRED! (Just Venting)

So Frans...you're just going to lay down and let that thief steal your $120 and your Dewalt? When you know where he lives??

This, I do not understand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got back my sawzall. Knocked on his door and his wife answered and had the tool in her hand. Said she was ashamed and asked me to not press charges. Don't know where he was.
I thanked her and left.
Sad story. He was making a grand a week off of me before taxes.
Good riddance

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Instigator lol.

He lost his job. Is that not enough?
Lol you all are blood thirsty!

$120 is kinda small in the tree biz right? Given the circumstances, I'd call that throwing away money.

Not too long ago I started working for a climber, a real hard worker, knows his stuff. He just went insane one day and I left with hardly a care for my $200 pay that day, again given the circumstances (he put us through some misery that day). It helps that I don't live for money, I sure do enjoy earning it, but I'd just as fast walk away. A big motivator is how tree work is fun. I was only with the guy a week, so it wasn't like I was leaving a career, or obligations or whatever.

Honestly, recently I clarified for myself, and realized how often I used the possessive (its) when I mean a contraction of "it is".

I re-learned something :thumbup:

Just got back my sawzall. Knocked on his door and his wife answered and had the tool in her hand. Said she was ashamed and asked me to not press charges. Don't know where he was.

He was inside, guaranteed.

Glad you got your saw back. 8)

Well Kudos to his Wife at least for trying to help you , both of you know he's got a problem. (I suppose I'd take the DeWalt and forget the Cash as well considering)

$120 is kinda small in the tree biz right? Given the circumstances, I'd call that throwing away money.

Not too long ago I started working for a climber, a real hard worker, knows his stuff. He just went insane one day and I left with hardly a care for my $200 pay that day, again given the circumstances (he put us through some misery that day). It helps that I don't live for money, I sure do enjoy earning it, but I'd just as fast walk away. A big motivator is how tree work is fun. I was only with the guy a week, so it wasn't like I was leaving a career, or obligations or whatever.

Just curious about this climber. Was he a screamer? Did he get mad about a misunderstanding of an instruction? I'm just interested in the backstory that would cause him to lose a good ground man due to a possible lack of control of this climber's own emotions. I'll understand if it's not something you wish to get into. Thanks.

Tim

Just curious about this climber. Was he a screamer? Did he get mad about a misunderstanding of an instruction? I'm just interested in the backstory that would cause him to lose a good ground man due to a possible lack of control of this climber's own emotions. I'll understand if it's not something you wish to get into. Thanks.

Tim

The first tree work I did was for a climber who was a screamer. He would start screaming about nonsense when I knew better than he (if he couldn't see something I could), and if I did something wrong it was the same frustrated or impatient yelling. It didn't bother me, I figured that's his work personality, and he would apologize sometimes without me asking for one. Eventually he and I moved on, but I'd still work with him.

This recent guy had girl problems bad, and brought them to work. The big thing is he wouldn't leave her, so I knew things would not get better. They actually got worse over that first week until he blew it.

Bringing personal problems to work. Bleh. Leave it at home, or stay at home.

Glad you got your saw back Frans.

I work with a younger fella who likes to 'vent' all his personal woes to anyone who will listen at work. I cut him off mid-sentence now. Sorry man, I DON'T CARE! Yes I am a heartless bastard. :D

Seems good ol' work ethic and making it on your own is going by the wayside, and being replaced by lazy liberals who think they deserve a free lunch. And you're all racists, too, by the way.

I work with a younger fella who likes to 'vent' all his personal woes to anyone who will listen at work. I cut him off mid-sentence now. Sorry man, I DON'T CARE! Yes I am a heartless bastard. :D

How did he react, long term? Avoid you or maybe embrace you because you stood up to his lameness?

Back