Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vertex Vent - Suitable As Construction Hat?

Treehouser Sponsor

So far I'm digging the Vertex. I'm even getting used to the weight with the muffs. It's a nasty, still, and wet day here, but down next to the highway the breeze is amazing, and the vents in the Vertex actually work \O/

Also, things are looking fantastic for my steel walk. Nice tight cables, and no gaps over the splice plates. I'm feeling good about things :^)

A bonus picture of my 3/4 retarded robot...

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Good picts...thanks. Looks like a good setup...like the overhead cable.
    Gary

Treehouser Sponsor

Cable won't be overhead unless I fall off the beam :^P

They're about 4' high. The big thing is they're fairly tight. Just being able to run my fingers along it does a lot for keeping my head straight. Objectively, I shouldn't need that. If I can walk while touching it, I should be able to walk with no cable at all, but brains, eh? I can explain it to myself all day long, but it doesn't help when I get up there :^D

Having something to steady yourself is very nice, that's why stairs have hand rails. They allow you to steady yourself preventing a fall.
    Kyle

TreeHouser Sponsor

That gives a reference point to your body, so you can fine tune your position around your balance point without even noticing it.
    A sturdy handrail is very comfy, but that works too with the small twigs of a hedge to climb on a small scaffold for example.

Treehouser Sponsor

My robot doesn't work with the internal software anymore, so that threw a wrench into the works. It was either bring the boss, or hand type all the data in while standing on a beam late at night. I brought the boss, but I'm not sure what would have been more frustrating. He doesn't know how to use the gear, so I had to give a crash course, and communication was difficult. Hard to hear the phones over traffic. It also rained, and they were being anal about stopping traffic over the road while we were above. Took waaay longer than I'd have liked, but it got done. Just emailed the grades over now. Didn't get many pictures cause I didn't want to fumble my phone, or drop the pole or something, but here's what I got...

My trauma strap. I didn't need it!

and some crappy nighttime pics...

Here I'm sitting on the beam waiting for the road to dry so they can drag traffic

The arbitrary rules are frustrating, but it went well. These were some of the biggest beams I've done. They started at ~18", and got as wide as ~24". It was like a sidewalk up there! Still digging the helmet. Nice breeze, and secure fit. Glad I got it :^)

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Good show.

10-4 on picts...sometimes it's too much trouble. Glad it went well.

Love a breeze.
    Gary

Brain injuries only occur in sunlight. Don't worry. Only wear PPE when you think you'll get hurt.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.