Like/Dislike Button

Yes or No

• Total voters
No. I'm probably not the right guy to make a comment on this as I am a terrible poster, but content matters. Today's social media is chock full of engagement that is meaningless. What's the point?

It's what YOU make of it, nothing more nothing less.

What the F...!
I go on vacation for a week and the rest of you turn this into facebook.

Go ahead and delete me, Butch.

Please don't clutter up this forum with pointless dopamine clickbait.

Many people are 'Like' addicted, as social approval releases dopamine in most.
They want their fix, like all addicts.

Horseshit.

Every time someone posts a workpics thread, do you not think they’re hoping a few peeps will chime in and compliment or ask a few questions? What’s the difference?

Why do people post videos and pictures if not to impress or get feedback?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
5mtuvqR.gif

But but. Without a like button think of all the 'housers that will be turning to things like heroine and fentanyl, or video games or fatty foods for their dopamine hit? I mean it now seems somewhat socially irresponsible not to have a like button no?

So are you saying the TH needs to conform to the social norms? Follow the crowd like mindless sheep headed to the slaughter house?

Horseshit.

Every time someone posts a workpics thread, do you not think they’re hoping a few peeps will chime in and compliment or ask a few questions? What’s the difference?

Why do people post videos and pictures if not to impress or get feedback?

No disagreement there.

However, there is social bullying through Facebook Likes, or withheld likes.

Social obligation to Like a friend's post, and such silliness.

The like button doesn't encourage discussion.

I voted yes, I’m not seeing a downside to getting a slight ego boost. Some posts might have taken a lot of time and effort in to what is being presented, only to get crickets chirping for a response. Perhaps have likes, but not have total likes for each member, to discourage collecting and competing.
B6FE515C-3BF7-4769-BB3C-B3039B3D185E.jpg
Still getting pictures from iPhone posting sideways, so not the easiest site, my opinion.

See now I would "like" your post but I have no idea what is going on there. I could just simply "like" and move on but not having a "like" button I have to type a post asking just what is going on with that hitch sparking conversation.

A like and a response can be combined, doesn’t have to be an either-or situation.

It’s the Sticht Hitch, a fully functional SRT hitch, which uses a small low friction ring to replace a pulley for tending, and this version doesn’t have preformed eyes for attaching to a carabiner.

Back