Like/Dislike Button

Yes or No

• Total voters
Would anyone leave if Butch decided to have the likes? I’m not so strongly in favor of them that I would disappear if they are not used.

It would annoy me, I just think it's a cheap shortcut to a actually taking the time to post something, even going to the emoji section takes some effort so when you see a :thumbup: :lol: :P you know someone took some time to find one to express their opinion...
And yes, part of the reason we post pictures is for approval...and to read the comments and get feedback, and to stimulate discussion...so no argument there Mick.
Discussion, feedback, emojis, 'like' button, all layers of potential approval with a like button being the shortcut

You have cheap friends if all they have time for you is to click a like button. I would dislike some likes if I could because I'd rather a response.

We don't need status points either.

Yea, it's alright. That forum I mentioned that had a full range of expressions got rid of the negative ones due to abuse. No more 'karma meter' either. I think those are the worst aspects of a like/dislike system.

Like only:
To me like is like you accept or learned something and perhaps giving it more weight or flag to others.
>>doesn't need repeating etc. in a post that would just add more fluff to dynamic content
>>in future; that post perhaps to be given more weight especially in skimming/researching
Dis-like would be in a post as more discussion needed , explain contradiction etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd rather that then looking mute. You don't have to respond to every pic - I sure don't.

Back