Like/Dislike Button

Yes or No

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is there anything wrong with wanting both?

I'm sure you'll have a reason...

Just clicking a button isn't my definition of being involved in the forum, IMO. Lurkers can do that all day. All a high like count is good for is just the poster's ego.

My thinking is people "reacting" to your post makes you more likely to post more assuming it was well received. It lets the author know he's not talking to himself and that someone else (or more) are interested in his point of view.

Like I said, it's not a big deal to me. The House isn't like FB or Instagram where you endlessly scroll until you figure out you're wasting your life. The "feed" here is broken into groups and specific topics (that often go astray, which is fine). There isn't the functionality to "friend" or "follow" someone on here like FB or Instagram, so the idea that people would post just for likes seems ill founded.

In my perfect forum world, members would like a post and then respond to it.

Ahh, I'm a dreamer...

Butch, ‘likes’ work on Instagram, FB, Twitter and most other successful social media platforms (if that’s the word)

It’s encourages people to post photos and vids and stuff.

Take Pete Mctree’s latest vid, like he says, bread and butter, I watched it, enjoyed it, but I have no questions about it, I didn’t want to engage him about it, which kind of pressures him into saying ‘thanks Mick, yeah it went well blah blah’

A like button just show I’ve watched it, and thanks.

You don’t want it? Your circus, your monkeys, but it works, otherwise the big boys wouldn’t use them.

I voted for both but it’s not dear to me.

On second thought I’m not sure I’d use a dislike button unless it was kinda funny to me.
If I actually dislike something I’m gonna say something or ignore it.

IMO just "liking" or "disliking" something is not participating at all. It is the shortest and the least thought out or thoughtless response a person could post.

I dunno - I'd be unhappy if no one ever liked what I had to say. I think a normal person is wired that way!

Has no effect on me one way or the other. I know who I am, knowing what someone else thinks isn’t going to change that.

Got better chit to worry about. In the end when they throw the dirt in my face and have a groundhog for a neighbor I’ll be equal to everybody else, gone and forgotten.

As a gay Canadian(redundant I know) I like that post. :D

But generally I'm going to dislike all of Bobs posts just to see if he's as hard as he claims to be. :P

Ime, dislike buttons don’t tend to get used much.

People tend to articulate their distaste or whatever.

Lots of members on here do ‘like’ posts a lot of course, when they use the thumb up or clanking beer or +10 emoji
Problem with that of course is you see someone has posted, click onto it and it’s just an emoji, which is a bit of a disappointment.

Back