Spam Phone Calls

That's rough Mick.

You're right, Living off the private requires a close ear and attention to detail.

Everybody got their stresses...

But imagine being on meth and beer all day... God I bet that's rougher...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only respond to voicemails unless it’s a contact. I fail to see the harassment.

All calls for me go to landline and cell.
I pay for data, incoming and outgoing. Plus my own personal time in grabbing the phone to see who it is calling.

Perhaps you do not mind this or have unlimited data plan ?

Either way, it seems like you are saying spam calls are not a problem for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then why post on this thread?
???

I got spam called for the cra(Canada revenue agency) scam recently. Where they threaten that you're going to jail. I lol'd having been audited in recent years. I asked them if it would be a private cell or general admission as I wanted to know how to dress and whether I should get drunk first. Also what time the police would be showing up so I'd know whether to start dinner or not bother. :D

We have one here where the caller claims to be from the Australian tax office...you owe money, you need to pay it now...payment accepted in Apple iTunes cards...some people have seriously fallen for it!!!

On my cell, most often the screen says "SCAM LIKELY" and I don't answer.

Our office at home has cable tv in the corner and all screens show the phone number. We found that 90% of the time, if a city name appears, it's a recording. Aside from that, sales callers are very few.

I found with live talkers, many say "how is your day going" which most people answer in an affirmative. Instead of answering, I dead-end the question with my own question like "were you needing an estimate today". For some reason not answering their questions and picking my own dialogue cuts the matter to a halt pretty quick.

I don't always just hang up, because there's a few legit callers that actually had a potentially interesting product. or something.

Back