Spam Phone Calls

frans

TreeHouser
They suck!
Currently, I am experiencing a flood of spam calls to my business phone line. Today, 1:00pm, 19 calls. :(

Lots of people don’t Sean, there’s a new subsidy from the government atm, where you can get insulation for your house for a Euro.

So all day, every day any listed number can get a dozen or so sales calls, drives you nuts.

As a consequence the days of people just hearing the phone ring and picking it up are on the wane.

Makes my evenings of ringing up clients arranging appointments frustrating.

Here you can get your phone number registered as ad blocked.
Makes it illegal for phone sellers to call you.
It works really well.

I dont answer any numbers.

I make the wife answer and then have her tell them I am not home.

She then has to relay to me what they wanted. I then formulate a response that she then has to deliver.

Unless it really is someone I want to talk to...then she is supposed to instinctively know that I am in fact home and wish to be delivered the cordless phone in my easy chair.

Simple.

Same here. If it's important, they'll leave a message. I sometimes get the same number calling multiple times without leaving a message; they get blocked.

I dont answer any numbers.

I make the wife answer and then have her tell them I am not home.

She then has to relay to me what they wanted. I then formulate a response that she then has to deliver.

Unless it really is someone I want to talk to...then she is supposed to instinctively know that I am in fact home and wish to be delivered the cordless phone in my easy chair.

Simple.

Priceless, sir. :drink:

I only have a cell, and don't have a business so I block every number not in my contact list. I get the occasional robot with part of the pitch chopped off in voicemail, but it stops a lot of the aggravation

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am on every 'do not call' list.
It is meaningless.

You're on a list, for being on the Do Not Call list.

This is free-market capitalism, where people can harass people for profit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perhaps it is worse for folks in calif.

I don't answer the phone unless you're in my contacts...

So, Leave a message... if you don't leave a message... you must not need me.

:)

I have to pickup calls when they ring, this business has a quick client turnover, I may have to work for 4/5 different clients a week.

This means lots of quotes, calls and contact.

Many peeps don’t like leaving messages, they just phone the next number in the book.

For sure, I’m a keen napper.

So when the phone rings at 4 in the afternoon whilst I’m allongé on the sofa, Igor similarly engaged on the floor, chasing rabbits in his sleep, it better be good!

Many peeps don’t like leaving messages, they just phone the next number in the book.

Those peeps are morons, plus probably just price shopping. When my phone rang for treework, it's because they wanted ME.

Back