Mini-loader replacement tracks...Sources?

SeanKroll

Treehouser
When I threw a track the other day, it got a bit ugly, and I could see some wear.

I thought that I maybe should by some back-ups, possibly turf tracks or super aggressive to have something different that what I have from the factory. Seems like a broken track could put me down for a while, possibly in a bad spot. Don't really care for that risk a lot.

Something I've noticed is that my machine works better with tracks extended to 43.5", versus retracted to 34.5"...better machine handling, material handling, towing, etc.

Most machines you can't change width, and wouldn't know the difference.

Thoughts?

I use Prowler tracks. They really are good until they start pulling out the steel insert. Once you loose one you are on borrowed time I have found if you pull two inserts out next to one another best to wrap it up and await new tracks. My current set has two inserts missing but they are far apart so I am good for more hours on them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.
If I don't have them on the shelf, in the shop, I should know where to get them, and how long to arrive.

Mine are probably pretty good. only 325 hours on them. Somehow, the way the track climbed over the sprocket, the belt got mad-tight, as the drive sprocket radius was effectively larger. Jammed the tensioner spring flat.
Some dummy took the manuals out and put them on my desk (me), and I didn't remember right away its Lefty-Tighty, Righty-Loosey, so that was fun problemsolving/ troubleshooting/ hoping and swearing.

I would say if you machine handles better then rock it that way. And retract as needed. In my service area I have never truly needed a 36" machine. The s800 is I think 41 wide with 9" tracks and I use 11". The extra flotation is noticeable. I'll opt to take out a section of fence if need be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do run wide, as much as possible. I need to narrow my tracks frequently. The ability to be narrow or wide, and have 9" tracks iirc, and still have lifting-oomph was the deal-maker.

One of my trailers has the ramp brackets already at 36", and I can load more into the trailer along the sides. Sometimes I forget to expand the tracks right away. Works and feels way differently, in or out. Its funky.

Back