Display wall

Graeme McMahon

Treehouser
I decided to display the equipment I have used, collected and damaged over the last 4 decades. Rather pleased how it looks and thought I would "hoist the flag" so to speak and see if there was old logging or climbing bits or gear that I could enhance the wall with. IMG_2129.jpg

I understand distance is an issue but I get about and freight solves that also.

So I'm not just a pack- rat ! Working on an arboricultural museum of my own, only about 8 years of broken worn out stuff saved so far, but i'l start calling it "the collection". ;)

Really cool collection, awesome to see the developments/ history in a nice display

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I'm not just a pack- rat ! Working on an arboricultural museum of my own, only about 8 years of broken worn out stuff saved so far, but i'l start calling it "the collection". ;)

Really cool collection, awesome to see the developments/ history in a nice display
:thumbup:

Yeah that is a cool pic/idea, thanks for posting!

Yes Ruel... my friend calls it the Arbormd Museum.

Edit... p.s.

Wow Graeme yeah... that's some bad ass old gear and a yeah you're a bad ass too...

Thats cool.

When I had my treeco we used to display wrecked items on the wall, but then turf them after awhile. I called it 'the wall of shame'. Lol. I like your display much better though!

We had a wall of shame too.

Very cool, Graeme. Some big changes over 40 years. So fascinating watching the tools, gear, and techniques evolve!

Thats cool.

When I had my treeco we used to display wrecked items on the wall, but then turf them after awhile. I called it 'the wall of shame'. Lol. I like your display much better though!
There is a little shame on mine as well. :thumbup:

Dude!!! I gotta give yer ZK1 back!! Give me yer address, man! Pretty-please, Sean?!

A Mainer and a Washington state tree gorilla.....Look Out!!

Fine looking display!

Thanks, it's getting bigger.

I didn't realise how much stuff I had tucked away. Stood up some 13' logs in the shed to hang stuff from and put in the boards. Mr. Brent Lack gave kindly gave me two broad axes and more bits coming. I am having fun demonstrating our industries progession. It is sometimes forgotten or respected.

Post an update pic soon.

Good idea, and interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Old broken gear is what new people need to see.... and imagine the forces at work...

Yes it would. That is an important missing part "treebogan". I guess I will have to come over and locate one with some local knowledge :).

I'll bring the beer for the search.

Back