TreeStuff Great Choice Sale, 25% Off Until July 5th, 2019

Tim_B.

TreeHouser
Hey, folks! I just thought you might like to know about a killer sale going on at TreeStuff right now. Here's the link to the web page.

https://www.treestuff.com/news.asp?news_id=2308

The deal with this sale is that the prices are so low that TreeStuff is not even permitted to tell you in one go what exactly is on sale. They've listed each category of item, and you have to click on that category to find out what the exact item is that is being discounted by the 25%.

Use the coupon code "GREAT" at checkout to get the discount. There are 36 items being offered at this discount.

Here's a quote from the ad copy that explains the details:

"Promotion ends at 11:59pm ET on July 5th,
GREAT coupon applies to products linked directly on this page only.
GREAT coupon applies to all items on the linked pages (rope lengths, color choices, etc.)
GREAT coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or corporate discounts.
Images do not reflect any qualities or features of real products."

Thanks for listening. The only reason I know about the sale is that I periodically click on the "News" tab on the main page of the TreeStuff web site.

Tim

In addition to the above mentioned sale, there is also a 20% off sale going on for all Edelrid products on the site, no coupon necessary. Here's the link for that sale, which also ends July 5th, 2019.

https://www.treestuff.com/news.asp?news_id=2309

Last edited:
Sweet!
That's a killer deal on the new ISC Rig n Wrench!
25% off Yale Aztec 11.7mm. Same rope as Blue Moon/ Poison Ivy, but orange and white color. I was gonna take 120' or maybe 150' but only option available is 600'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could have sworn that the shorter length was available earlier today, and if I'm thinking of the right item, the icon you click on shows the price of a shorter length. Then when you get there it is not available. In my humble opinion, TreeStuff should still allow you to order the length that you want, and just have it on back order, if you are willing to wait for it.

If things keep going this way, when you go to click on any item in the list, there won't be any product available to buy at all. I keep trying to tell these folks that out of stocks will kill a business. How can you have such a huge promotion and not have the inventory to support it? At least provide a way for folks to order stuff and wait for it. I'm thinking that they should have provided a disclaimer that said that this deal is a way for them to get rid of inventory they no longer want to keep on hand, and that it is first come, first served, no rainchecks, until supplies run out. In that way, folks would not have unreal expectations about just what is going on here.

Sorry for the rant, I only posted this deal in order to try to help out Butch's only sponsor. Hopefully someone still gets something of value out of this, but the sale runs for another nine days or so. I'm thinking only their biggest ticket items won't get sold out.

Apologies if my posting of this deal only serves to irritate some folks.

Tim

Last edited:
Heck, naw....great post. I'll wander over there when I get time. I probably don't need anything but probably can't afford to not take advantage of 25% off....:D

Thanks for the Hype! The mystery sales are always a big success. Supply is always a challenge when we run big promos, and we do our best to prune off the stuff that goes out of stock from the promos.

The lesson is: dont wait! We just sent out an email with some more mystery items highlighted that you might not have seen before.

Merle, you are welcome. Nick, thanks for coming on here and adding your perspective. It is appreciated.

Tim

Edit: Nick, I would though, like to reiterate my opinion that TreeStuff should make it clear in the ad copy for the promotion that supplies are limited, all sales are first come, first served, no rain checks, no back orders. Otherwise it feels like a bait and switch, or worse, just a bait with no payoff whatsoever.

A grocery retailer would not be able to get away with having a sale on an item, with no wording about limited quantities, and then not provide the product or a way to get the product in the future at the sale price. I think they might get in trouble with the law if they did so. By including the wording about "limited quantities, no rain checks", they would keep themselves out of trouble, and the customers who missed out on the sale items would not feel cheated, because the deal was clearly stated beforehand. Transparency is the word I'm looking for. It is just good business to provide it. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Tim, thanks for posting these reminders of sales, i personally don't always check so it's good to have the heads up. I feel you on the transparency issue, but then again sales are usually always to clear certain items so stuff isn't collecting dust. As always tho, thanks for the heads up, if one person saves some money ordering something it was as if you handed them cash the way i see it.

Nick, good to see you again, i should have stopped by when i was working that way, if i get the opportunity again i will! Have a happy 4th! :beer:

Thanks, Kyle. Happy 4th to you and yours, also. Happy 4th to everyone here at the house.

Tim

Back