mulching head or feller/buncher on Bobcat

Underwor

Treehouser
Looking for someone in the western Illinois area with knowledge or equipment to use mulching head or feller/buncher to thin small tree plantation stands <6". Row spacings 12-14', tree spacings 7'. Any ideas will be welcomed. Thanks,

Bob,

Are you talking about a tree-shear?

I think Rajan/ Flushcut knows something about forestry mowers. He's in so WI.

Yo.

What type of tree?

I did a thinning of a white pine plantation last year and have used forestry mowers and I can pass your info on to a guy with one or if you want to rent one and run it yourself Fabco is your best bet.

We took out about 200-300 6-10" caliper trees in a week just using a chipper and mini, two guys.

Are you talking removing rows or a select thinning?

Image 4.jpg Image 2.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
6" and under walnuts, selective thinning
Boss wanted me to check on some contacts. Need to ask him exactly what he wants: feasibility of use, cost per acre (500 trees/acre to about 225 tpa), contracters to contact?
Will get more info on Monday.

That would be perfect for our feller buncher, but shipping it over might be a bit expensive.

https://youtu.be/kDnA63lMY4k
If I had $110 grand I would buy this set up. Around here with the fires, guarenteed work for it.
Forget that chipper and multiple guys, for brush clearing or sapling thinning this beats it very well.
Guy in my area has one, I was very impressed with watching it in action!
Even 24" euc mulched. Very fine product laying flat and clean on the forest floor. Poison oak, woody brush, all no problem. Works on extreme slopes also. Even fits through narrow gates.

Image 3.jpg Or rent this guy for $1700 a day. I prefer the a 6' head instead of the 8'. The six footer has more power than the eight footer for bigger material 10" and up.

There is a lot of collateral damage with one of these machines they are a true sledge hammer meant to destroy.

https://youtu.be/kDnA63lMY4k
If I had $110 grand I would buy this set up. Around here with the fires, guarenteed work for it.
Forget that chipper and multiple guys, for brush clearing or sapling thinning this beats it very well.
Guy in my area has one, I was very impressed with watching it in action!
Even 24" euc mulched. Very fine product laying flat and clean on the forest floor. Poison oak, woody brush, all no problem. Works on extreme slopes also. Even fits through narrow gates.

It ate a CAR MOTOR! Awesome piece of equipment.

Back