Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jobs for Family

Default Jobs for Family

What do you charge or do you?
    I am umbilically connected to the temperate zone, it brought me life, it brought me love I never have out grown.

Cost price or nothing.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

I have no family.
    ˙ǝuılƃıs ʎɯ uı ʇnd oʇ ɹǝʌǝlɔ ƃuıɥʇʎuɐ ɟo ʞuıɥʇ ʇ,uɐɔ I

You have a wife and kids, doesn’t that count?
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

Depends a lot on your financial well-being, their financial well-being, the costs and risks involved, and relationship. I suppose, also, if they are broke because of poor financial management, its possibly an enabling action.

Easy to give away a quick pruning job or knock over an easy tree.

Everything takes time. Everything takes money.

Case by case...but mostly double...no, just kidding.

Someone was known to always charge a dollar. Things get wrecked when doing work for free.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Family, friends - food and libations, usually... sometimes a bit of cash.

My twin Brother is tighter than a sharks ass. He messaged me about some tree work at his new house, Mornings work, Nothing tricky for me but would be a nightmare for him. He offered to sort me out lunch if I did it. Week later he messaged me saying that he had won a new phone at work and would I like to buy it. My truck is broken so I can't afford to spend out on a 'toy', so I said that if he gives me the phone, I'll go and do his trees. Next thing, hes posted it up on Facebook for equivalent of $900. He's just got a brand new kitchen and new car. Needless to say, my wife is not keen on me giving away my time for a lunch!!
    Knot Interested.....

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Ha! Charge the fugger!!!

Some friends are free, some are at a very reduced cost. Family is free, but I got a couple uncles that insist on payment and don't take no for an answer.
    If I gotta bring a good rope man with me they'll pay his wage 25 or 30$ an hour cash. If that's all they pay for rigging over structures and wires, it's almost nothing. I like helping and doing favors, but I'm not gonna lose money.

I've bartered work with friends too. Traded tree work for HVAC work, auto mechanic work, painting. Got a buddy that's a plumber who owes me one lol hopefully never gotta cash that favor in, it might not be a fair trade if he has to visit for more than 2 hours or so. I just flopped some dead ash for him to clean up.

Drinks and chow are always appreciated, but unless it's scary hazardous trees, I'm probably having a good time anyways!

After a 48+ hour week in the plant, trees are usually very enjoyable for me. It's fun, and therapeutic. My son is really taking a liking to it now too, I bought him a saw and some good quality PPE, nice saw pants and a Petzl helmet. He wants to climb now. Maybe next year if he keeps paying attention and learning.

Didn't know you had a twin, Tommy, cool! Identical?

Yes mate. I'm the better looking one
    Knot Interested.....