How do you feel about your job?

I just stay clean, it's worth it for my family. Sucks, but it's what's expected to get the big money (pipeline or big overtime plant work). It's not all easy and roses either, i deal with frequent layoffs (I'm in a construction field), dangerous work, extended travel, etc. But I'm skilled in what i do, and so they pay dearly for the privilege :lol: It's the same as anything else, you make your choices and play the hand. And you will never see a man bun on the row hahahaha

The drug test thing is becoming an issue for us. We had two climbers in the last few weeks that would rather smoke pot than keep a 60k with full health insurance job. Neither had a family to raise but I don’t get it.

Period. If you can make good money and get high at the same time, you got a good thing going.

What if you get hurt on the job, really hurt, and workers comp wants a test and you test hot? If you have health insurance they probably won’t pay either. I really don’t care what anybody does until it affects other people in a negative manner. If you can’t feed your family and pay the bills that’s negative to me.

I'm a clean machine so no worries here. But I've heard at work if you piss positive the worst that happens is you get a trip to rehab or counselling. No losing your job.

Zero f-cks given by me. Because it's not my worry. I don't lightly trust my well being to others straight or not. So what others do isn't really putting me at risk. And there are plenty of straight as f-ck people who I would never trust and vice versa too. So the judgement call for me isn't based on choice of libations.

Yes, but we ain't there yet, and the good jobs I'm taking about are pipeline, nuke, refinery, etc. Aka federally regulated shit, federal rules. Not to mention my life is in multiple peoples hands and vise versa, so clean is really not that much to ask for.

Thread took an interesting turn.

Whether it’s right or not, if you want their money, you have to play by their rules.

I have a serious bacon addiction. I just can't stop, I find myself selling things just to buy more bacon and that bacon leads to wanting even more bacon and so on.

I ate more chocolate than anyone I know, I gave it up about 2-3 months ago, I feel noticeably better, more energy, a bit less body fat, still get powerful craving for chocolate after every meal.

I learned when as I dropped vices.... my head was so jacked... I just treated the withdrawls as the "New and improved head change"....

Back