How do you feel about your job?

I do, but i stay true to being a pipeline welder, i refuse to piss until i have a helper hold the cup...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I know Jim, but there you are , free to take all the drugs you like, howl at the moon about it, and you don’t bother.

Maybe it’s the old forbidden fruit cliche.

Its not about the weed. But someone that would piss test me most likely is also going to dictate what hitch I can or can't climb on. Could never abide that.

Sounds like a sweet rifle B.

I could routinely put ten out of ten shots inside a nickel-sized circle, at 125 yards (my usual zeroed distance, excellent for the tasks at hand). Mostly shooting 85 grain hollow points. Lotta punch for cutting branches or stems.

It was plenty accurate much farther out than that. Once, for humor I sighted it in at about 500 yards. Once set, it shot bang on at that range too, for true. That bull barrel was heavy, but it sure was a steady performer.

This thread makes me chuckle. Piss tests aren't a normal or regular thing where I work. Only if you frig up bad or someone's suspects you of being high or drunk. But still the same. I'd lol if I got pulled to do one. Guess what all you freedom lovers? I'd get paid to go do it. Lmao. Full union rate. Or OT too if needed. Stick that in your emasculating freedom pipe and smoke it. :drink:

Very very true, I'm talking new hire and maybe once a year with another random in there, depending on the circumstances and job. Most people here are running their own business, and aside from dot cdl regulations can do whatever they want. That's awesome, i wish i was that lucky. I happen to do a trade that requires a bunch of jumping through hoops, and a piss test now and then is definitely one because most welders are borderline insane :lol:. Seriously just about every one of them that i know either have a "problem" with drugs and/or alcohol or are completely straightedge because they used to. Honestly, you have to be insane to do some of the work that we do, because you are willingly entering environments that can kill you in a moment if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Obviously the same can be said about tree work, but construction you place your life in another person's hands daily or continuously depending on the task. Rigging 30 ton tanks into a live running chemical plant via radio signals, working under heavy equipment and power lines, climbing in mud and water to weld (on lines that carry flammable and explosive stuff), going in confined spaces with chemical hazards, welding on pipes with thousands of pounds psi while they are filled with flammable product is called Tuesday here.

I could routinely put ten out of ten shots inside a nickel-sized circle, at 125 yards (my usual zeroed distance, excellent for the tasks at hand). Mostly shooting 85 grain hollow points. Lotta punch for cutting branches or stems.

It was plenty accurate much farther out than that. Once, for humor I sighted it in at about 500 yards. Once set, it shot bang on at that range too, for true. That bull barrel was heavy, but it sure was a steady performer.

Awesome! 22-250 are lasers of a rifle.

Back to the job thing, with all the damn weather we have gotten and how far behind I am I feel like the Sam Kinison skit on marriage. And to top it off my neighbor just lost two big oaks last night, one just tore his gutter off and crinkled his soffit but didn't break a window or punch thru the roof. I'll get some pics later. Plus more rain and thunder storms are coming today.

Well put Kyle. Freedom to me is being able to go home to my loved ones at the end of the day in one piece. frig getting killed because some junky wants his “freedom” not to test clean. Most people don’t understand the environment we work in.

This thread makes me chuckle. Piss tests aren't a normal or regular thing where I work. Only if you frig up bad or someone's suspects you of being high or drunk. But still the same. I'd lol if I got pulled to do one. Guess what all you freedom lovers? I'd get paid to go do it. Lmao. Full union rate. Or OT too if needed. Stick that in your emasculating freedom pipe and smoke it. :drink:

Jeebus.....why dont you take a toke.

Sheesh.

Back