How do you feel about your job?

On the chocolate wagon...hard row to hoe :).

I had to be clean to keep my Fed authorized firearm use status, as a USFS employee. Random piss draw, only 2 hours max to respond, or you're concluded guilty. Of course, it was often over 2 hours to get my ass to the testing clinic in downtown Portland from my usual field work sites...:|: Arguments did occur, as I recall. I sat on the sidelines, there. My boss fought those battles, thank goodness.

But be that as it may...any drugged or drunk fool driving a USFS 3/4 ton pickup could so much more easily have killed multiple people in moments than I ever could have with my Winchester bolt action rifle; 5 round clip, .22-250 heavy target barrel for cone sampling/scion collecting. No drug tests for the regular employees...only those ones with the dangerous firearms authorization :?.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't understand the mindset of submitting to a drug test. Even if I was living the mormon lifestyle I would refuse, I'm an american.

And I loved keeping my job...same story. Actually, I could have given up the firearms endorsement, and been exempt from testing...but I was a more valuable employee with that endorsement, got dispatched to many an interesting place for temporary duty to employ that special skill, and had a ball doing so.

Being an American seems to have little to do with having or not having drug testing as a requirement to keep your position, as far as I can tell.

I want a .22-250. Should have bought one years ago when woodchucks were a big problem. Coyotes solved that problem. Small bullet with lots of powder.

My bud had a .270 with a leupold scope I used to use. Could not miss with that thing. Just a bit of overkill. Friends father loaded me some light weight hollow points. Made a mess of them.

And I loved keeping my job...same story. Actually, I could have given up the firearms endorsement, and been exempt from testing...but I was a more valuable employee with that endorsement, got dispatched to many an interesting place for temporary duty to employ that special skill, and had a ball doing so.

Being an American seems to have little to do with having or not having drug testing as a requirement to keep your position, as far as I can tell.

You said it yourself, you couldn't have kept your position and partaken.

Any FS employee could take out a family in a vehicle, without drinking or drugs, same as everyone. Intoxication surely helps a lot of people.

Burnham couldn't keep his position with a firearm and have any cannabis in his system.

He could have been, dehydrated on the verge of collapse, hung over , or exhausted, or had a huge blow out fight with a spouse before getting behind the wheel, and passed the test. These precipitating factors to accidents are not cause in urine. Cannabis from a week ago, though, would.

There are straight dipshits, drunk dipshits, stoned dipshits, tweeking dipshits.

Seems like there was some expression about the "proof is in the pudding", not in the specimen cup.

There are lots of sober people and alcohol-only drug users that I wouldn't trust farther than I could through them.
I know many cannabis-partakers with advanced degrees, fancy-ass jobs, well-to-do, etc.

I've never heard of drug testing(including alcohol) for politicians. A State Level politician customer said he's try to be up by 830a, as he's now retired. Gin blossoms, for sure, and didn't remember if it was my company or someone else who ruined his irrigation last time (not me, he hired someone else to mess his stuff up). He had a piece of paper from each my previous work, so he called me again.

Alcohol is as dangerous as anything.
I could have had 10 shots of whiskey, and the next day been legal to drive a 50,000+ pound bucket truck and log skidder combo. Hungover as hell, but wouldn't piss dirty.
One puff off a joint, and I'd be illegal. Meth or cocaine on Friday, clean the next week.
Makes a lot of sense.

Ya, that is encouraging to me. I can't imagine pilots partying away from home with flight attendants. No way.

Love to have stimulant-withdrawal for safety-sensitive workplaces that don't allow smoking. I watched my woodstove installer on his first day without cigarettes. Its worked fine. He apologized before starting, in the event he was curt with his helper.

Safer than driving.

I have a lot more faith is airplane pilots than the average car operator.

They let people operate cars on the same roads as everyone else, just by passing an easy test. Pilots, not so much.

I guess they don’t want any drugs, it’s just that cannabis lasts longer in the system.

If you were as hungover as hell you’d likely be over the legal limit for alcohol as well.

I get hungover really, really easy. I'm a cheap date.

Alcohol metabolizes at a reasonably predictable rate. 12 hours of being passed out, after 8 shots could easily be 0.00 BAC, I think. I'd also be dehydrated AF. A terrible state.

I AM hungover from 3-4 drinks, as I drink so little. My cognition and judgment start to suck. My concentration and ability to plan several steps ahead (my usual) suck.

I never make plans on doing anything productive after a rare night where I have a few.

I'm more of a one-drink, speed-drink before eating, and I'm good, if that. I often go to neighborhood bar and grill for a late dinner on non-kid nights, sometimes I have a porter, a lot of times, 3-4 glasses of water, only.

people should be able to do speed balls every night on their own time if they want, smoke hash, drink whisky or tiger piss, THAT'S america. Pissing in a cup, there are few things more emasculating.

people should be able to do speed balls every night on their own time if they want, smoke hash, drink whisky or tiger piss, THAT'S america. Pissing in a cup, there are few things more emasculating.

Queuing for food stamps because you’re unemployed?

No problem, basic income is right around the corner. George would be proud of that but ashamed of pee tests.

Right? You think it's hard getting employees now, wait till basic income sets in! No one will want to do tree work then

Machines will always work.

My next one will be to mount a hitch-tube and a small remote control winch to my mini, transferable to my truck. Radio-controlled, better than hanging a log-midline, before pulling a top.

And you base that statement on what evidence?

Far as I know, Finland is the only place to experiment with basic income, and the stats from that aren't in yet.

As far as the urine tests go, it has always amused me greatly when Right wing Americans go bragging about their " Freedom" and then meekly go piss in a paper cup afterwards.

Back