Lyme disease

Nope.
The apprentice I fired picked 50 off himself while I was completely free.
We'd been working side by side.
Garlic and Onion and lots of it. I rarely get ticks and I eat plenty of meat. But I indulge in both garlic and onion. Only once did one get a bite in in all my years.
Now mind you, aren't ticks attracted to body heat like mosquitoes are to CO2?
Maybe you are just cold blooded Stig.
But I am betting on garlic and onion, even in your case.

Vegetarian is just native for "Cant Hunt" :D

There is a picture of me with some parsley and a tomato wearing a t-shirt saying " vegetarian is an old indian word for lousy hunter" circulating here.
So you are a bit late with that one.

Also, your mental picture of a limp wristed good for nothing veggie eater doesn't quite fit me.
I can most likely rip you not one but two extra assholes if push ever comes to shove.

Sorry, but after a whole life of not eating meat, I get a little bit tired of all the smart comments.

I don't eat meat because I can't and never could.
Makes me puke.
I used to raise beef on my land.
Loved to tell American visitors: " Welcome to the only vegetarian cattle ranch east of the Pecos river"

I hope you can take this in the spirit that it was posted.

Stig

There is a picture of me with some parsley and a tomato wearing a t-shirt saying " vegetarian is an old indian word for lousy hunter" circulating here.
So you are a bit late with that one.

Also, your mental picture of a limp wristed good for nothing veggie eater doesn't quite fit me.
I can most likely rip you not one but two extra assholes if push ever comes to shove.

Sorry, but after a whole life of not eating meat, I get a little bit tired of all the smart comments.

I don't eat meat because I can't and never could.
Makes me puke.
I used to raise beef on my land.
Loved to tell American visitors: " Welcome to the only vegetarian cattle ranch east of the Pecos river"

I hope you can take this in the spirit that it was posted.

Stig

Ok, seemed to have hit a nerve here, not having a go at you, just a bit of light hearted humour, in no way was I implying or thinking you were as you say, a limp wristed good for nothing veggie eater.

I love eating meat, my body responds well to it, far better than a non meat diet, I can appreciate, and respect those whom it doesent, or for those that chose not to.

but I think you got fired up over something i did not imply.

climb high climb safe mate

edited for typos

Garlic and Onion and lots of it. I rarely get ticks and I eat plenty of meat. But I indulge in both garlic and onion. Only once did one get a bite in in all my years.
Now mind you, aren't ticks attracted to body heat like mosquitoes are to CO2?
Maybe you are just cold blooded Stig.
But I am betting on garlic and onion, even in your case.

When I raised cattle, I had loads of worm problems.
Someone told me to feed them garlic powder.
So I bought that and mixed it in their food.
Never a worm since then.
Of course I didn't do a double blind test on it, but I totally believe it worked.

I used to feed them in the corral, in order to train them to come into it.
A trick I learned when I was a buckaroo in Idaho.
You should have seen them the first day I mixed garlic into their feed.
Whole bunch came racing up...........................Yeah!!!.........it is feeding time!!!
Hit the smell of garlic and locked the brakes.
Hilarious!

So yes, garlic works.

Ticks are triggred by butyric acid.
Look it up.
The scientists have had ticks sitting on a straw for about forever, then wafted them with butyric acid and they realease their grip and go into the fur of whatever creature passed by.

Ok, seemed to have hit a nerve here, not having a go at you, just a bit of light hearted humour, in no way was I implying or thinking you were as you say, a limp wristed good for nothing veggie eater.

I love eating meat, my body responds well to it, far better than a non meat diet, I can appreciate, and respect those whom it doesent, or for those that chose not to.

but I think you got fired up over something i did not imply.

climb high climb safe mate

edited for typos

Not fired up at all.
Just clarifying.
I'm used to this by now.

Just mentioning you could tear me a new one didnt seem to come across that well to me.

Vegetarians are wimps, right.
This one has trained martial arts for 48 years.
That is why I said I could tear you 2 new ones :P

Vegetarians are wimps, right.
This one has trained martial arts for 48 years.
That is why I said I could tear you 2 new ones :P

Again, your saying things that I did not say.
i did not say vegetarians are wimps.

after suffering illness and injury, it wouldnt take much to push me over, so you wouldnt need 48 years of swatting flys with your feet to defeat me, nor do I see why you would even see the need to say so in the first place.

i will put it down to differences in our culture and or a denmark thing.

climb high, climb safe.

Agreed.

I think somewhere above I mentioned that when I went to the walk in and basically said I feel wrecked, they said do you work outside? I said yes and basically without further adieu they gave me the Docycline perscription. No testing etc, worked out fine

wished the docs here in Aust would consider doing that instead of saying, officially Lymes does not exist in Aust.
yeah, 10 odd years of dealing with it would say otherwise, along with friends who almost died from it, and some neighbors also having it.

The more I looked into it, the more I saw that even over in the us, some docs wont even consider it, so very sad when it can mess you up quite badly.
Dont get me started on the testing, or lack of willingness to even test for it even when you ask consistently for a test to be done.

Glad you got it sorted early.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Edit- this vid is rather slow, in fact, listening to the whole thing will likely induce Lyme disease :/:

Last edited:
Back