Lyme disease

First symptoms are rash that can have fever, fatigue, headache..... can occur from 3 days to a month.

Rash presents in under half of confirmed lyme cases. If my dr hadn't been proactive and well informed, the first time I got lyme it could have gone undiagnosedfor ages. Presented w nothing but vague symptoms of joint ache, fatigue and weakness.

I’m dealing with lyme’s currently. Been basically out of work since last November. My muscles get so tight it feels like I’m tearing them when I move. The doxycycline didn’t help. I’ll be seeing someone from infectious disease in a couple weeks but so far every avenue has been a dead end. It’s also possible that I’m dealing with multiple issues. Possibly nerve damage. Some days it feels like I have an electrical current running through my body the way my muscle are spasming. I now vary a cane with a little fold down stool because I typically can’t make it around a whole property doing estimates without taking a break. Pretty shitty.

Damn.

Sorry to hear, Page.

You might want to reach out to Rico on TB. He's knowledgeable about Lyme related stuff.

Evo at TB, too.

Knowledge is power.

I'm going through it again. Doxy is helping, but it sucks bad. Page, I hope you can get some answers and relief.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Geezus that's bad, sorry to hear, Paige. Did you find a tick on you at the time of symptoms onset?

Yeah, very sorry to hear it Paige and Dave.

There is a thread on Tree Buzz you can read some stuff from Rico about his experience of dealing with it before you decide if it's worth talking to him. Sounds like he has valuable insights.

I've wondered about flooding the body with natural chemicals supposedly toxic to the Lyme bacteria like garlic, allspice & myrrh. Maybe drink frequent glasses of allspice tea and put it on oatmeal, and eat 2 big cloves of garlic 3 times per day for a week. I can't remember the max safe dose if garlic, but from what I remember, 2 raw cloves 3 times per day for about 9 days is the most I'd risk. Something like 6g per day for 15 days will decrease liver function. Maybe the herbal stuff could at least weaken it so doxy or amoxicillin could finish it off.

Back