Glitch?

I did a thing that should have made those extra pages go away. Those pages never existed, it was just the site mis-counting posts, and thinking that the really large big threads had more pages than they actually do.

Seems like it to me. Last night all the threads were doing it but after I'd viewed them they'd leave from my 'new posts' screen like they should. Except for the 'official random video' thread. No matter how many times I'd viewed the last page it remained in my 'new posts' search screen. Only thread that did that. But today. All is good.

It's affecting me, now... I'm just gonna close them and start new threads.

Crap now I can't get to the last page of my cancer thread! I sent a PM to Brandon. SHIT!

Brandon, do threads become corrupted once they get a zillion responses? Does that have anything to do with it???

I don't really know the mechanics behind why this is happening. I can easily fix it, but the forum software should be fixing it on its own so I'll have to see why that isn't happening.

It's very possible that threads as large as this one are breaking because of the math that the forum needs to do on them. It certainly wouldn't hurt to start "part 2" versions and close the originals for some of these larger threads. Or you could move to Xenforo ;)

You can easily fix it??? So it's fixed, for the time being?

That cancer thread doesn't have all that many views... we just may have to move to Zen.

I guess those are Amish?

Shouldn't it be " Thou shalt not kill any man"???

Back