Brotherhood Redwood, about 10 ft. thick at 110 ft.

mdvaden

Treehouser
The Brotherhood redwood at Trees of Mystery is bigger than I realized, after taking photos over 3 days there. Expedition Old Growth prepared the tree for experienced climbers and also helped NBC and French broadcasting's interviewers go up for video and questions. The two people on the left were guests of Archangel Ancient Tree Archive.

Attachments

• Expedition_1_1200mdv.jpg
    Expedition_1_1200mdv.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This redwood may give a head start on that project. The man on the right is the NBC videographer. I think the climber on the left stopped to show him the "BAT CAVE" where bats flew out the previous day when a French broadcaster interviewed. So there is at least one room started

Attachments

• Expedition_10_1800mdv.jpg
    Expedition_10_1800mdv.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 53
Do you refer to the protrusions on the trunk as trees or branches?

You could log the branches off that! A vertical timber forest...efficient

Do you refer to the protrusions on the trunk as trees or branches?

You could log the branches off that! A vertical timber forest...efficient

Some call the more upright ones reiterations. I use words branches, stubs, protrusions.

Since I'm not a climbing arborist, I took advantage of the rigging the team put in another redwood cluster to catch the view from 200 feet. It was raining, and for me that was best. I didn't get a fear of heights, but it was unusual. More the going up and down. Once I was on limbs, it felt more at home.
There were two sizes of drops with rain and drip line water falling. And the variations in textures and colors were enjoyable to see from that vantage.

Attachments

• Expedition_12_1600mdv.jpg
    Expedition_12_1600mdv.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 42
Here's Matthew from Vancouver, B.C. ... one who worked to help set lines and assist.

Attachments

• Expedition_19_1400mdv.jpg
    Expedition_19_1400mdv.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 34
And Matt Stemple from Seattle ...

Attachments

• Expedition_20_1200mdv.jpg
    Expedition_20_1200mdv.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 36
This woman's name is Blossom. I think she has a small home farm and likes raising goats.

Attachments

• Expedition_21_2000mdv.jpg
    Expedition_21_2000mdv.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 27
Back