Al's half fast repairs

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
Damned rodents got me again .Mouse or chipmunk chewed a hole in the return fuel line of my Ranger ,leaked gas like a sieve .Several ways to repair it,either remove the bed,jack it up like I did or drop the gas tank .Parts coming from flea bay,can't find them locally . I need a few ferrets or outside cats evidently .
With it propped up by over tightening the rear bolts it can't fall .It's safer than it looks .

Attachments

• DSCN0514[1].jpg
    DSCN0514[1].jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The worst part of the whole ordeal was removing the six bed bolts,rusty you know .Shot them with WD 40 rust buster formula .Impact wrench wouldn't move them .My 200 pounds and a 4 foot cheater pipe got it .Broke two T-55 drivers in the process .

I'm in a never-ending life-long running skirmish with rodents and their love of chewing on auto parts myself. It does piss one off :).

Nice job, Al...per normal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eVTI_0K9Dqg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vermins ... Had to hard pipe my gas grill from the house supply all the way through. Rodent damage to the flexible lines repeated. Even chewed the stainless braided cover stuff.

"Hey, the inny-net's not working."
Lemme look. Oh. I. See. Drop ceiling rats had chewed up the outer jacket on the CAT-5 cables, then bitten through the cable, broke at least 2 copper pairs. Too bad it wasn't 110V wire to have zapped them.

Bummer, nice hillbilly gantry BTW.

Some times ya gotta do what ya gotta do .I could lift it by hand but I needed another to put a prop under it .Fact with the rear bolts loose I could raise it up a foot just by sitting on the tail gate .
I knew something was amiss when I used 3/4 of a tank of gas driving home from Toledo which is about 85 miles .It usually gets 26 MPG not 7 or 8 .

A couple of years ago going to Tampa Florida I had a blend door actuator get stuck on heat about at Atlanta .Talk about one hot SOB in late April ,no tools .You can't use the 4 -70 method in Atlanta,all four windows down and drive 70 miles per hour . Damned lucky to go 25 at certain times .

Steamy!

I had something similar happen in an old girlfriends car but the car was over heating in Chicago mid summer. Open all the windows and crank the heat it worked and we got home to Milwaukee.

I read that book close to 60 years ago in Jr High school . Mark Twain AKA Samuel Clemens was quite an author ,humorist etc .He was about the same time period as Robert Service ,dubbed the "Gunga Din " of the great north west territories .-"bard of the Yukon"
At one time or another I've most of the classics including the Iliad and the Odyssey .

Once, in stop-and-go bumper to bumper interstate traffic, three guys 6'3, 6'1, and me the little guy at 5'11', window washing supplies, etc inside, 20', 32', and Aframe on the roof, of a HONDA CRX hatchback (yes, two seater), we were cooking. We were creeping along with no AC, full chicago summer sun, so being a little wacky and slap happy after a long day of solid work, we decided to see how hot we could make it. Closed the windows and put on the heater for a minute or three until someone gave in. 80's and somewhat humid never felt so refreshing! Wonder what the temp was inside!:|:

For reasons unknown I can take a lot of heat .A few years back I had a day laborer helping me .Jamie,in his 40's .good worker just not too bright .I had a cooler full of chilled water ,cut up 6 cords of ash,30" stuff .96 degrees in the shade .I just drank the water ,sweat like a race horse and never peed once .After it was done I sat on my patio and drank beer and Jamie had to go in the house in the air conditioning .He remarked to Dar, , I can't believe that old man out worked me ,I was in my middle 60's at the time . She said ,he's had more practice .:)

During the summer I will do everything I can to avoid AC during the work day. The trucks have windows for a reason.

Or doing work that requires long sleeves while leaning up against something that's a couple hundred degrees. The ac in the truck is pretty much a safety requirement pipelining to drop body temp when you over do it. I firmly agree on sweating it out especially early in the year to get acclimated. Mid summer the humidity is so high that you sweat and it doesn't evaporate at all, so your body isn't being cooled at all.

Back