Animated GIF Thread 2019

I couldn't deal with that. I get claustrophobic if I'm squeezed tight like that. I can handle small areas, but I need to be able to move. I went caving once, and that was enough times to know I don't like caving.

Not a paid job. We had a lease on an old mine, still had a lot left in it but you had to be sure you didn't dig into the next one. Big trouble if you did that, quite a few people disappeared up there.

I left and got a job down south on the Snowy System clearing for new power lines. The others stayed and had a big find a few months later and opened a bakery. There wasn't much of a town then and that went pretty well.

It was starting to change when I left, all different now. This video looks a bit like it was.

I failed my first driver test from parallel parking. All my road time was in a Citation, and I took the test in a Century Special. Bumped a cone trying to get the yacht in place :^D

I've worked in a foundry that used huge ones in the basement hauling shakeout waste, around the i beams that hold up the building. It looks like mordor from lord of the rings, burns the lungs, it's insane. And that's not even the big one. That's amazing if doing that at 15 tho, same with driving a truck!!!

14 is legal age in ND. You would see a big tandem with a pup trailer roll onto the scales at elevator and out would crawl a young man after sliding off a bunch of extra seat cushions that were needed to see over the dash. Usually some wood blocks on the pedals held on by strips of inner tube.
I understand the concept as I had to use a boat flotation cushion to see over the dash of the 59 Ford Fairlane for my drivers test at 16. Had that restriction on my drivers license from 16 to about 20.

Back