Animated GIF Thread 2019

I love that " king of the world" expression it has, once it gets into the cab.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/wrCfLOY"><a href="//imgur.com/a/wrCfLOY">Ready ?</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YhqPpno"><a href="//imgur.com/a/YhqPpno">Flesh Eating Beetles</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure I want to look...food stealing gulls, not too hard to stomach :)...but this title is a bit off-putting :D.

Do you have to click on that to play it? Its 'live' in the little box for me.

Just a hunted skull...not Papua New Guinea, either.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Nbp3WNx"><a href="//imgur.com/a/Nbp3WNx">Hm</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Do you have to click on that to play it? Its 'live' in the little box for me.

Just a hunted skull...not Papua New Guinea, either.

imgur videos are a real hit and miss proposition for me. Some work right off, some need to be opened to run, and about a third never do anything.

Gulls have only one loyalty, like most other animals, and that's to food. They're clever like foxes but ever more bold.

Back in the early 1980s, down on Noyo beach, a local character I knew, Captain Greysquirrel, pointed out yonder and said, "You see that gull on horn, Jer? Watch, it's coming over here." That was Tony Staziack. Tony and I were catching surf-fish, (smelt) in Noyo bay using throw nets. Anyway, Tony took a smelt and held it high in the air, and from 300 yards away, halfway across Noyo Bay, that gull lit off its perch on the horn (foghorn), and on the wing it come and took that smelt out of Tony's hand. When I tried, that gull would not take flight for me.

Tony was in his 80s then, and his eyes were still good enough to recognize that particular gull from so far away. I was impressed.

Very cool.

Reminds me of earlier this week, when I arrived at the beach the first thing I saw was a sea gull with a bunch of fishing line tangled around his feet, tying them together. I wanted to free him up as he appeared to be in suffering and in bad shape but couldn't come close to catching him, plan was to throw a towel over him when close enough but he had no interest in bread pieces, sorta like when a dog is scared or hurt, he won't eat sirloin steak put right in front of him.

Back