Chitty job

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Side view .I have to keep the area above the transmission and differential covered because water leaks in from some place .I've replaced the shifter boot and the tranny cover gasket but it still leaks in .

In the design remember this is an ag tractor converted .It really needs one more track roller to balance it properly because with about a ton and half of blade assembly it's nose heavy .With an ag tractor it's pulling not pushing .Cletrac /Oliver did make actual bull dozers though this is just not one of them .

Attachments

• DSCN0510[1].jpg
    DSCN0510[1].jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 22
Hey, Al! A bit of a derail question here regarding the tree stumps. I thought you might have been the person who posted a "home remedy" tip about how to make a stump rot away really quickly. I thought the technique might have been to pour sour milk or something like that on top of the stump, and then maybe cover it with dark cloth? I'll be darned if I can find the thread this tip was posted in; I've tried a bunch. Does any of this ring a bell? I've got a friend that has a stump that he wants to have rot away as quickly as possible, but is not interested in paying for stump grinding.

Does any of this ring a bell with you? I greatly appreciate any information you can provide on the subject. Also, really nice job keeping a useful machine alive and running! Pretty cool stuff. Thanks again.

Tim

Thanks, Steve! Any other tips from anybody on the issue of helping stumps rot away quickly will be most appreciated. Thanks, all. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Tim

An old horse logger in western North Carolina once told me to smother the stumps with chicken litter. Something about enzymes or bacteria. Truth be told they probably jumped out of the ground and ran to get some fresh air.

I've seen multiple holes drilled in stumps as well as burning them, to various levels of success. But truth be told, I've had the best success this way:
stump-grinding-vermeer.jpg

Thanks, Steve! Any other tips from anybody on the issue of helping stumps rot away quickly will be most appreciated. Thanks, all. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Tim

Fresh stumps can be used to grow edible/ medicinal mushrooms, species-species specific between tree and fungi.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The old home remedy for stump was powdered milk .Depends on what kind of tree though .On maple it will grow mushrooms which in time will eat up the wood .In my case in point ,below grade was just so I could lay the crushed lime stone over them .Maple will just go away by it's self,oak might hang in for 100 years ..

Back