The best hand-held blowers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am looking at the Echo's. They have 4 hand-held models. I know they used to be considered very good many years ago.

BG50 is light weight and runs well. Basically same engine as all other Stihl hand held, so no point in spending more on a bg86 or whatever. Just muffler mod it slightly for more power.

My son has a bg50 and I think my Husqvarna 125b has more ass. I’m not in love with either brand but the stihl dealer is 10 miles away and the Husqvarna dealer is 30. Unless ya have to get into the crankcase ya might as well fix it yourself around here.

I think my $80 green Poulan plb26 is way stronger than a BG50, but a lot heavier, I think it vibrates more too, it's a little bulkier, and can easily rub the fan against the housing if swept too fast.

I think it is a bg50 and has something around ten million hours. Not much ass next to just about any of the bigger backpack blowers. I like it for it's size and ease around the iron and shop.

I have a BG50 as well as a BG56 and the few extra dollars are well worth it for the BG56 IMO. Better carb, runs stronger, better controls, less vibration, etc. It was kind of weak the first month or so until it got broken in and then it ran stronger and started easier.

Ive used a bg86 and it always seemed like a let down compared to the 50, which I like using in gutters. Have to say my plb26 is pretty darn good for gutters.

I like my bg 50. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a throttle lock. Doesn't bother me when blowing leaves but in the summer I like to clean myself off with it a couple times a day. I keep a piece of starter rope tied around the handle that I can lock down with a butchers knot. My buddy has an Echo not sure which model but it's considerably heavier than my Stihl but about 30% less power.

Back