Ported Echo 2511t Raffle!

Nutball

TreeHouser
CLOSED TO ENTRIES! Ported Echo 2511t Raffle! Drawing 5/13

DSC01202 (800x779).jpg

This Echo 2511t cuts 20-25% faster than stock. It has had a slight compression increase, exhaust and intake port timing adjusted, muffler mod, voided warranty, spark screen removed, lighter piston, modified carb, and the optional spike bumper. It comes with the air filter attachment greased to prevent sawdust from leaking around the filter. It has had 2 tanks of gas through it for testing, and has had the cylinder inspected to ensure no issues from the porting process. The oiler on these is plenty strong and could probably oil an 18", so it shouldn't have any problems burying the bar in dusty hardwoods unlike the ms150, just know it can run out of oil quickly if turned up over half way.

DSC01203 (800x792).jpg

It comes with the winner's choice of:

-New 12" 3/8 .050 stock Echo bar and Oregon chain (jumpy when new and cutting big wood)

-An Oregon .043 3/8 12" b/c that has a half tank of testing on it (fastest cutting option, but not the smoothest)

-A 1/4" sprocket, & NO B/C (.050 is about like the above options but slower, .043 is very smooth and easily lets you bury a 14" bar in hard wood.)

DSC01204 (1024x757).jpg

DSC01206 (800x695).jpg

$20 per entry, multiple entries allowed. Use the yellow Donate link at the very top of the page to submit your entries, be sure to include who you are, so we know who to put in the drawing. Any amount above $400 supports the Tree House.

DSC01201 (900x826).jpg

Here's a video of this particular one, though not at it's fastest tune yet in the cutting clips. The first clip was from today revving around 14,500rpm & is at its fastest working tune.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4gDezk2y2UI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ENTRIES CLOSE 5/11, Drawing 5/13

Note about the spark arrestor: If required for your location, small self tapping sheet metal screws could probably be used to secure a screen over the extra hole in combination with the stock screen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I counted about 40 weekly :thumbup:, and we must assume frequent lurkers, and occasional monthly visitors. I feel confident enough with those numbers especially if some people make more than one entry. This should be a good test run.

I am a fan of smaller communities, they tend to get along better. But this place is getting pretty small.

Usually don't play lotteries, but for a good cause I'll bend on this one -- for the sake of the 'House! I'm in for an entry.
If you don't get enough entries to cover the cost, will you cancel the whole thing or just let it ride until there's sufficient influx?

Probably cancel since too long a wait could loose entries. It does cost money to run forums.

Lotteries are supposed to send their profits to a good place. I'm also a fan of people donating a nearly insignificant (to them) amount to a pool that could go towards helping others, though the randomness and size or the pool that is natural to lotteries is not what I'd have in mind: it's often too much to too few, some of which might not be deserving, and it's taxed. But that's a different discussion.

No payments yet remember? First we need to know we'll reach $400, then paid entries begin.

At this rate we'll be starting soon

Nice way to ensure it actually raises some funds and you don't lose a saw for a total of 20$.
I think we'll see a nice fund raised for the TreeHouse, and probably see that minimum met by tomorrow.

So some of us will be sending payment to Nutball and the rest will pay the TreeHouse, correct?

Nice move, Nutball :) very generous.

That could work up to the first $400, but that wasn't the plan, and might get complicated. Butch was going to send me the $400 at the end.

I'm still not sure how all this is going so I'll just sit back and observe.

As I said, it's never been done this way before.

The price of shipping it to europe would totally kill it.

So I'll stay out of this one.

Yes, let's go ahead and start submitting entries using the donate link at the top and the bottom of each page. Be sure to include your name for the drawing.

Last edited:
Back