Ported Echo 2511t Raffle!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was a roll of the dice for you! 1 in 6.3 chance, you were in it to win it

CONGRATS!

Big thanks to all who participated, hope you had fun

I've always wanted to try 2 at once. I've been considering it when limbing some small hemlocks at a friend's house when I get the go ahead to cut them down.

Are these saws a dud when stock?
I've done ok with simple muffler mods, but porting is beyond me.

They aren't that bad, but about like most other stock saws.

Not all, but many stock Echos seem uncommitted to driving the chain through wood. You get the feeling it's just scratching away at hard wood. Porting tends to add so much power that the cutters are pulled smoothly and deliberately through hard wood with power to spare.

This particular saw gained 2000 rpm in the cut. Another one I modified is quieter and has loads of low end torque.

Muffler mods have widely variable results. I muffler modded a 590 and got over 20% gains, ported it and added 5% at best.

Muffler modded a 352 and got around 7% gains, ported and got over 30% total.

Muffler modded a 490 and got 20%, ported for another 20%.

The 2511t does benefit Bigly from a 3/8" hole in the muffler, porting adds a bit, but mostly changes the power curve (high rpm torque or low rpm torque) depending on what all is done to it.

The bar and chain on a stock 2511 is one jumpy SOB. I am looking forward to trying 1/4" pitch.

What type of chain did you run with the 1/4" sprocket?

The extra power from being modified along with .043 chain isn't so jumpy especially when you get it filed down some. I tried one of these 1/4 bars https://www.ebay.com/itm/BAR-ONLY-1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Not how I'd solve the oiler problem, but it seems like it works. It has 2 sealed tensioner holes, and one little oil hole with a channel milled into it connecting the 2 tensioner holes to the oiler hole. My concern was that the rear or front hole (depending on which would get used) would be too far forward or back and cause oil to just leak out.

I guess this thread don't need to be stickied no more.

The chainsaw is in the mail, and should be there Friday or Saturday.

The oil pump screw should be set right where it needs to be, and the carb limiter caps removed just in case.

Back