Ported Echo 2511t Raffle!

I can't wait to run'er! Thank you again!

Nutball which would you prefer on the 2511 3/8lp or 1/4" pitch? I really want to run some 1/4" so that's why I bought the sprocket as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tough call really. The 3/8 .043 easily cuts faster than the 1/4, but the 1/4 .043 is so smooth. 3/8 is like semi skip compared to 1/4, and has a larger diameter sprocket to match.

I'd wear out the .043 first to give you a good feel for it, then try a 14" 1/4 .043 Stihl B/C. Just keep the 3/8 chain tight, I run my little Echos tighter than other saws, they seem to like throwing chains.

This is the kind of stuff that makes the Treehouse what it is!

I haven't been home an hour and I couldn't wait to run the new toy that was sitting patiently at my front door like a loyal dog that did something it shouldn't have. I ran my stocker back to back and the power difference is not just noticable but more of a slap upside the head. Wow! Highly recommend modding the 2511. I liken it to my fine forged kitchen knives. I was cutting cookies from well aged red oak. The stocker did o k but as soon as the Dawgs hit it was over. The modded one you can dawg up and sweep. I am giddy as a school girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad you like it!

I put my 271t up for sale a week ago. It's just so heavy and slow in comparison, with smaller gas caps, and a bulging muffler cover, I just don't care to use it much anymore.

Just an update the saw is running strong. I ran the hell out of it this past week putting oaks out of their misery (oak wilt, I feel bad for the HO his whole yard is old oak and dying), but his check will cash the same.

Just keep the 3/8 chain tight, I run my little Echos tighter than other saws, they seem to like throwing chains.
Just noticed this. I've been pretty happy with WoodlandPro bars as a replacement for consumer type bars on small saws. They have a broader nose, and seem less inclined to throw chains. As an aside, I wonder if a lot of the wrath directed at green chains comes from using green chains on green bars? I haven't extensively tested, but it seems that if one of the components is yellow(either bar or chain) it'll work acceptably well. Using both green makes boring virtually impossible.

Back