Found some comfortable pants - cheap

Benjo75

Treehouser
https://www.wrangler.com/shop/mens-performance-series-outdoor-cargo-pant-nw780

Found these by accident at Wal Mart. They are moisture wicking and fast drying. Got lucky and found one pair in my size. I'll keep a check for more. Only wore them a couple of times but very cool and comfortable. Stretchy waist. 2 zippered pockets below the front pockets and to the side a little. They work good for carrying a phone or other small items while wearing a harness. They're about $22. I just can't wear bluejeans in hot weather anymore. I can't bring myself to pay $200 for actual climbing pants and these seem to do pretty good.

I'll have to check my local store. They even look stylish. $200 climbing pants? "I'm staying on the ground today guys. I forgot to wear my climbing pants."

Nylon and spandex, no thanks. I’d burst into flames about 5 seconds after starting work, that is if I didn’t get laughed off the site.

I have 2 pairs of those with fleece lining. They're very comfy and are holding up well. Gusseted crotch and stretchy material make them good for climbing. Cheap little nylon zipper though. Keep expecting it to break, but hasn't yet.

Next time I'm at Target or Wal-Mart maybe I'll get a pair of the unlined ones.

Normally I wear Duluth Firehose FLex good mix of durability, flex, lightweight, and can be had fairly cheap if bought at the factory outlet store. I know most guys here the outlet store isn't an option but if you are ever in Wisco.

Not climbing specific but up here in Canada I bought a couple of pairs of wind river work jeans at marks for under $20/pair taxes in(on sale) and have been amazed at the fit and durability of these pants.

That is a fantastic question.

2 things against my climbing- a bum knee, and I'm a big believer in the concept of 'its hard to run a business from the top of a tree'. So while my climbing would be a helpful stop gap measure, its not the answer. His last day is day after tomorrow.

Do you have a replacement, Cory? What is your stop-gap, until he comes to his senses, I mean? Have you considered relocating her? I mean up your way, not in the mafia way.

Staffing is tough.

Do you have a lift Cory? Is one viable in your area?

Yes, I have a 75'rear mount terex, it's pretty awesome.

Sean, no replacement yet. Got ads out there. 'She' is from this area, moved to SC, doesn't want to come back, winters etc.

Um yeah, staffing is tough. Hard as chinese algebra. :whine:

Back