What saw should I get to replace the Stihl 200T?

All the NOCO gas stations around me have ethanol free premium, 91 I think.

Wish that Alkylate stuff was available.

Be happy, you could be paying 1.00 more per gallon for CA ethanol laced fuel...:|:

Very happy to pay that.
Just got back from getting more for boat tomorrow, 3.59 for e-free 90.
Heck 93 E10 was 3.09.

Figure for 5gal e-free mix with 16oz oil. +/- $20-$25 for 5 gal of mix 40:1 depending on which oil used.

We pay $14.66 for Alkylate.
Last year we went through 750 gallons of it.

Fuel prices are really high in Europe.
One reason why you don't see many American cars here.

I use aspen in my little Echo, seems to help with my afternoon headaches, or maybe no booze after 9pm is the secret!

I often look at Yankee pickups, not unreasonably priced, but repairs, spares and after sales stuff puts me off.

They are cool though.

Gas! You have to pay attention .About 5 years ago after Dar passed I made a little trip to Denver to clear my head .In western Iowa on I 80 I wasn't paying attention and dumped about ten gallons of non ethanol race gas in my car before I realized what I was doing .It didn't hurt the Merc but it didn't run any better either .I did notice it was rather pricey ,like 4 bucks a gallon .

I often look at Yankee pickups, not unreasonably priced, but repairs, spares and after sales stuff puts me off.

They are cool though.

Now I'm obviously not familiar with European trucks, but the trucks I've had have performed rather remarkably for the pure abuse they see. The older ones were worked way over their rated capacity the whole time i owned them, and the diesel has over 325 k miles on it, the half ton gasser is around 190k and they both run. Up till my new one they were all relatively easy to work on and parts are usually dirt cheap. My new one has more balls than anything I've ever had, i seriously didn't even feel that 10k dump trailer most of the time, and could just punch it and accelerate like no tomorrow when merging on the interstate.

I wish we had a lot of race gas pumps around here.
That was just a fluke .That gas station must have had twenty pumps,huge .In the area I live in you don't see that .Fact my buddy Dave who most likely has half a million bucks worth of Corvettes and Chevelles and others goes to Dayton Ohio to get his rocket fuel .He's got a Chevy 454 with a 1/4" over bore and 1/4" stroke and a 671 blower with two 850 Holley Eliminators that dynos at over 1000 HP .He is to hot rods what I am to restoring old junk .Mine is just a tad cheaper .He has over 40 grand in that engine .

Little gas station down south you can drive car into pump race gas. We called it mulefuel. Being the town was muletown.

There is a few I used to know about up north where house is, for race gas pumps back when I had my camaro and racesaws. No clue anymore if they are around.

That rec e-free 90 I get today, would not have cut it in the camaro.

Pump gas is here 17.90Skr per liter. 4,5l per gallon = 80,55Skr per gallon.
80Skr is about 8,29USD.

So we pay 8.29/gallon here for pump gas...

Alkulate is about 30Skr = 13.98USD per gallon.

Problem being you have to live in Europe to find the stuff--just reminding

No. Its For sale in US and Canada too.

Yah , Federal fuel law allows up to 5% ethanol without posting ... 6-14% must be labeled as 10% ethanol ... independent testing has revealed up to 20% !!! Ethanol coming from 10% pumps ... In a vehicle I can see using it .. In My ported saws ... nope ... also most guys don’t realize that the ethanol doesn’t likey the mix oil and doesn’t blend like “pure” gas or alkylate fuel ...

All pump gas here is with ethanol. Up to 14%
E10 is standard...

Ethanol is not really the problem in my opinion. You can run saws on E85 with some mods and a good esteric oil that mix with it.
Big problem is all the other crap they got in it...

In France, it's about 60% taxes in the fuel's prices. They even tax the main tax. So we are used to it, but it's still a pain in the ass. Big bucks here for the government.
So, guess what will happen when the electric car's market will take a major place in our transports?:/:

There isn't anything in ethanol other than ethanol and water. From someone who has worked in quite a few ethanol plants.... And the water is negligible due to the drying process it goes thru.

Yes, but it sucks back the water from the air. Then the water can play with some of the reactive compounds left by the cracking process, and you get finally a bunch of acids, solvents and polymerized stuff. Keep the water and oxygen out of the equation, and you should have a more stable product. Its never the case in our storages or working tanks, except with the sealed metallic containers. The old age fuels where really hydrocarbons, very stable by themselves.

We pay $14.66 for Alkylate.
Last year we went through 750 gallons of it.

Fuel prices are really high in Europe.
One reason why you don't see many American cars here.

I was doing some comparing. How many folks for the 750?

I was talking with a logging buddy and he says he averages 300 gal a year with layoff time. He gets $10 extra a day for use on mix, bar oil or saw. Cuts 6 hrs a day.

So paying 13-18 gallon for aspen here would not work for our folks. He said he is at the same cost I came up with 5 gallon 90 E-free with mix for around $20-$25 total cost.

Just info from a logger here to compare.

750 gallons of saw gas . Good heavens I don't think I buy much more gas a year than that for everything I own .Including my little Ranger and full sized Mercury which are gas guzzlers at 26 miles per gallon .Then again I don't go anywhere much .
I buy gas for the tractors,mowers etc 20-25 gallons at a time in 5 gallon cans .The saw gas I mix up 2 gallons at a time but never kept track of how much I use .Not much though .When the jug gets empty I just mix up another 2 gallon .
So with that in mind I suppose I could trot off to the airport and buy aviation gas for the saws but I probably won't,stingy you know .;)

Back