Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What saw should I get to replace the Stihl 200T?

The economy collapses

There isn't anything in ethanol other than ethanol and water. From someone who has worked in quite a few ethanol plants.... And the water is negligible due to the drying process it goes thru.
    Kyle

TreeHouser Sponsor

Yes, but it sucks back the water from the air. Then the water can play with some of the reactive compounds left by the cracking process, and you get finally a bunch of acids, solvents and polymerized stuff. Keep the water and oxygen out of the equation, and you should have a more stable product. Its never the case in our storages or working tanks, except with the sealed metallic containers. The old age fuels where really hydrocarbons, very stable by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    We pay $14.66 for Alkylate.
    Last year we went through 750 gallons of it.

Fuel prices are really high in Europe.
    One reason why you don't see many American cars here.
    I was doing some comparing. How many folks for the 750?

I was talking with a logging buddy and he says he averages 300 gal a year with layoff time. He gets $10 extra a day for use on mix, bar oil or saw. Cuts 6 hrs a day.

So paying 13-18 gallon for aspen here would not work for our folks. He said he is at the same cost I came up with 5 gallon 90 E-free with mix for around $20-$25 total cost.

Just info from a logger here to compare.
    Learn Redneck Chainsaw Repair at ChainsawRepair

750 gallons of saw gas . Good heavens I don't think I buy much more gas a year than that for everything I own .Including my little Ranger and full sized Mercury which are gas guzzlers at 26 miles per gallon .Then again I don't go anywhere much .
    I buy gas for the tractors,mowers etc 20-25 gallons at a time in 5 gallon cans .The saw gas I mix up 2 gallons at a time but never kept track of how much I use .Not much though .When the jug gets empty I just mix up another 2 gallon .
    So with that in mind I suppose I could trot off to the airport and buy aviation gas for the saws but I probably won't,stingy you know .