Tight spot Take down

RegC

TreeHouser
Annoying, pitchy grand fir from this week

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GNMes6Oy8IY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice work as usual. You've inspired me to buy one of those battery-powered Huskies. Just ordered it from Baileys online. Pricey little bugger, isn't it? How long does the battery last? I imagine it's comparable to a tank of gas???

As always, good show.

For those who haven't climbed Grand Fir, the resin blisters spurt like zits when flipping up the smaller wood.

Reg skipped over the funky transition to the 90* turns up top, climbing into small tops, like a pro. That transition feels weird.

Funny how we get stuck with jobs... great vid Reg.

I think I learned something with the prusik’d zip/pull/lowering line.

Cool beans!

Yeah Mick, Pumping wood puts hair on your palms... just kidding it grows on your chest.

It’s also a great training and incentive to be a climber... :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice work as usual. You've inspired me to buy one of those battery-powered Huskies. Just ordered it from Baileys online. Pricey little bugger, isn't it? How long does the battery last? I imagine it's comparable to a tank of gas???
I was able to limb that whole tree on one battery....didn't check to see how much was left. Thanks

Funny how we get stuck with jobs... great vid Reg.

I think I learned something with the prusikÂ’d zip/pull/lowering line.

Cool beans!

Yeah Mick, Pumping wood puts hair on your palms... just kidding it grows on your chest.

ItÂ’s also a great training and incentive to be a climber... :)

Thanks. Yeah once the prussics or hitches are in place, you just leave them on the line throughout, then snap the slings on/off, however many and wherever along the line. People often do similar multi slinging from a rigging plate, but then the slings are limited to reach only a short distance from the plate. But with hitch cords, you can set them as far apart as you want. With a long enough rigging line, you wouldn't need to add a tag line/extension either.

Also not hoping the carabiners slide on a pitchy tree...or worried about angleof zip/fall for success...

Cool dude. You rip... as long as I have u on the line...395 or 660?... I'm leaning 395.

Annoying, pitchy grand fir from this week

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GNMes6Oy8IY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Super as always, Reg. Nice trick on spreading out the limbs on the LL. I've never done it by attaching them via prussic, but with slings, so that all slide down to the first one. Nowhere near as versatile as what you did. Not the first time this ole goat has learned something new from you.!!!

Wheeee

By the way, that grand would prolly be a lot pitchier in a couple months. Interesting that you called it a balsam in the vid title. Buckin Billy does that too. But, there's no abies balsamea in the far west. Plus, in their zone, they don't get very large.

Also not hoping the carabiners slide on a pitchy tree...or worried about angleof zip/fall for success...

Cool dude. You rip... as long as I have u on the line...395 or 660?... I'm leaning 395.

395 has more pwr than a 660. But the 660 does well with the dual port muffler cover, or a custom mod. 660 also weighs close to 2 lb less. 661 is prolly pricy, but might be an improvement.

Super as always, Reg. Nice trick on spreading out the limbs on the LL. I've never done it by attaching them via prussic, but with slings, so that all slide down to the first one. Nowhere near as versatile as what you did. Not the first time this ole goat has learned something new from you.!!!

Wheeee

By the way, that grand would prolly be a lot pitchier in a couple months. Interesting that you called it a balsam in the vid title. Buckin Billy does that too. But, there's no abies balsamea in the far west. Plus, in their zone, they don't get very large.
Thanks Rog. And yeah I said Balsam just for the locals....they dont seem to like the word Grand. I guess they assume its the same tree. When in rome....

Deva, I think the 395 the better cutter, but Stihl might be more robust for the long term.

Just watched the vid. Can't see the prussik trick on my iPad, but....having done tree work for a long time. I have to say you earned every cut!
Nice video, thanks for posting

"I don't want to keep turning out the same shit.."

Um Reggie, do us all a giant favor and keep turning out the same shit:lol: Your vids are priceless.

Loved the music, where do you find that spooky stuff?

Job wasn't worth getting a crane, looked like there mighta been access?

So I guess they are going to split all that wood into firewood, eh?

Thanks much for posting. Inspirational stuff :drink:

Thanks all.

Hey frans. In the pic, with the pink sling as the rigging point in the tree, the two ground workers basically pull one continuous line back and forth to transfer the limbs from tree to landing, then back to me after each set. I think I had 5 or 6 friction cords on there the whole time, sometimes used them all up, sometimes not. Good system for conifers and tightly branched trees.
Resized_20190323_181641_5199.jpg

And, too many wires or a crane Cory. Wouldnt be able tonswing the boom around

The music just from a download site

Yes, all gotta be split for firewood

Reg that was a mellow chill watch. Loved it as usual. What a tricky multi stemmed top. Loved the prussics for multi limbed lowering plus tag. Learned a neat trick like others said. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Paul. Chest harness still in use most days. Hasn't even lost a stitch :thumbup:

Thanks for the new trick in my toolbox Reg. Do you just prefer the prussick over a kliemhiest or is there a reason for using them. Just curious.
Would’ve been a lot nicer with out that shed there that’s for sure

Hey Rich, Im ok with either so long as they dont tend when hit a snag.

Learned yet another tactic from one of your videos Reg. Many thanks.

Down here in Oregon loggers typically call a grand fir a "white fir." That or "piss fir" because of all the water that sometimes comes out of them when falling. The big ones sometimes piss all over ya, stinks.

Back