Saw video thread

What treatment?
Not the first time I've said what I said in my first post.

There is a reason I don't frig my ears up with ported saws.

My last post kind of sums it up for me.

Have you run ported saws Mick? I've had a few by three different builders. Each one was willing to tell me exactly what they were doing to my saws.

What I was pointing out is that when people claim to have it all figured out, or figured out 'the best' but they are unwilling to share that info to support their claims. I get my back up.

Then in my mind is the, is there something for sale here aspect? If so I always prefer the upfront approach.

But I'd be willing to see more vids. Did you watch the vid atleast Mick?

Sums it up, pretty good.

Except for the first one.
That was somebody falling a tree and being absolutely clueless, which is what set me off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The power of the saw is a very small part of how much money you can make per hour in logging.

Compared to being a skilled precision faller ( Unlike your guy in the video), being able to put in face and felling cuts with no wasted motion ( Again, unlike your guy in the video) and having a keen eye for binds when bucking, so you can get by without constantly having to get the second saw to cut your first saw free, a more powerfull saw matters little.

That is not to say it isn't nice to have, but being good at the basics is what is making you money in the woods.
Yah ,residential job guy ; that’s 1g from tree to firewood Bro ... it took 5 mins to drop ; take about 2hrs to buck and 1.5 hrs to process into firewood with “efficient “ workers ... YOU do the math haha ... Paulie is a climber - guess someone else shoulda fell it huh? Wanted to see/hear/run my 660 hot-woods so I filmed it - want me to do the B.B. 066 for em so it’s a double bubble on my end ... And yes ported 70cc + saws along with a kick-ass kinetic splitter ARE a necessity ...If you want a good hourly rate ... been there / done that bro

No, it was cool to let him fall it.
You just shouldn't have videotaped it:lol:

My last post kind of sums it up for me.

Have you run ported saws Mick? I've had a few by three different builders. Each one was willing to tell me exactly what they were doing to my saws.
If you are paying $ to get a build done then you have every right to ask questions

No, it was coolo to let him fall it.
You just shouldn't have videotaped it:lol:

How am I supposed to learn what NOT to do haha ...

https://youtu.be/_zIJRozvSj8 Video of me splitter gents ... with this straight ash and machine never thirsting for chunk 6 face cord / hr isn’t out of the question ... when in peak condition I can run her ALL DAY LONG lol

When we run the splitter the rule is only one set of hands anywhere in the vicinity, the guy’s who’s operating the lever.

When we run the splitter the rule is only one set of hands anywhere in the vicinity, the guy’s who’s operating the lever.
Nothing wrong with that ... this machine operates on a rack and pinion drive with the handle needing to be pulled up to engage the rack ... I’ve modded the lever mechanism such that by simply letting go of the lever or pushing down on same ALL forward motion of the rack ceases and it returns home via springs ... if you notice in the video I’m ALWAYS holding the lever up at All times

frankie fabz I enjoy this video the most so far of the ones you posted. :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kZvgh71gdls" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am a little confused why this guy is getting the treatment if I’m honest.

Come to a tree/chainsaw forum, make wild claims about your product/abbilties, without backing any of it up, you’ll get questioned.
As I’ve said, I’ve run built saws, I’ve built saws myself, I’ve gotten a little idea of what’s involved.

“I am a little confused why this guy is getting the treatment if I’m honest.”

No, you’re not a “little” confused...

Come to a tree/chainsaw forum, make wild claims about your product/abbilties, without backing any of it up, you’ll get questioned.
As I’ve said, I’ve run built saws, I’ve built saws myself, I’ve gotten a little idea of what’s involved.

B2B58F61-BAA3-4849-A011-76FC30491D77.jpeg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kZvgh71gdls" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I started a lot of brush fires, can't believe I haven't thought of that before, gonna use it now.

Logging I never liked one yarder operator having a five gallon pail of diesel burning and him walking up and juicing it with 100 lbs of air from a hose.

If you build your burn pile on top of a metal pipe, you can attach your blower with gray magic (duct tape), and directly feed the bottom of the pile. Easy to remove from the pile and let cool.

Pipe sounds like a good idea and would keep my blower away from the heat.

Have a blower, no propane weed burner. :) Have enjoyed watching the videos of gopher hunting with gas......maybe.....

Back