Saw video thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok , I see now ... does the “top” spin into the log thus splitting it ?

I could see where you could grab 1/2 dozen with a grapple and lift em up and buck em - or a strong ratchet strap to hold everything together - another way to skin a cat !!!

:director: Faster Frankie ! Faster ! Cant you cut that wood any faster!!!

Last edited:
Ok , I see now ... does the “top” spin into the log thus splitting it ?

I could see where you could grab 1/2 dozen with a grapple and lift em up and buck em - or a strong ratchet strap to hold everything together - another way to skin a cat !!!
The "top" is called The Atom Splitter it's powered by an auger drive. Split the log lengthwise, grab splits, buck into length. I mostly use it to break down logs that need to be quartered or eighthed before a guy can handle them. I'll cut and pile by the splitter and it's easy pick'ins with a hookeroon on to the cradle of the splitter.

That “Atom splitter” has to be a robust welded-steel spiral eh ? Must be expensive but if you have the work worth every penny ... my small potatoes operation uses ported saws , mauls, axes , wedge and sledge, and a kinetic splitter - if I can generate enough $-flow I “wood” like to step-up to some equipment - must be nice to sit in air-conditioned cab sipping cold ales !:rockhard:

I prefer to be in the trenches with my men. Sledge and wedges are cool and all but I don't like working that hard for my money. Spend it wisely and make more money, save the back, and work smarter. Oh by the way my mini has two cup holders one for each hand. ;)

They aren't making firewood on the job, the atom splitter just breaks down the huge trunk sections so they can handle them better. I bet it would work good tho, but from what I've seen you kinda want a long heavy piece tho, not bucked to length yet so it doesn't just spin.

.... that’s some “ghetto-tech” right there !!!

Back to saw videos.

I measured this 620 to be about 1.5lbs lighter than an old 372, both with varying amounts of fluids around half full, and both with the same bar and chain.

620p vs original 372. Same chain used in all cuts in the video, but the 372 needed a different bar.

... hotwoods 362cm old version ... fuzz quicker than a stock 462c with 18” b/c ... 59cc vs 72.2cc ..... ol’ bird legs wanted to buy this saw off me !

:lol: They all cut wood.

Who cares what is a second faster in a 15-30 sec cut IMO.

I know some guys that race full blown alky nitro saws for racing and all they run for their logging business is stock saws. Then I know a logger in ID that ports and races and he runs nothing but woods ported saws he does. Enjoy the cut and not the BS hype some tell. :lol:

Last edited:
Yah , Buckin Billy Ray had one of them Clones done up - didn’t last too long ‘for it puked it’s bearings ... a good wood-ported Saw should be at least 20% quicker than a stocker which is considerably more than a second or two through a big cut ... in fact if the guy doin the work can’t get those gains (or better) then he should probably retire :lol:

It’s not the “fastest saw” anyway .. it’s the fastest saw that uses the least fuel that gives the most production !

If you notice my post on a second or 2 was posted with stock saw videos. ;)

I dont listen to your hype BS as I have seen you tossed from every forum you been on to date. :lol:

So Randy @mastermind7864 is he just spewing or is he telling the truth above in 362 post. = frankie... hotwoods 362cm old version ... fuzz quicker than a stock 462c with 18” b/c ... 59cc vs 72.2cc ..... ol’ bird legs wanted to buy this saw off me !

What hype ? The product speaks for itself my man ...yea , he asked me to sell him that 362c on Arboristsite (or really the shit-show that masquerades as a forum) ... Find it odd that the only guy making noise about “hype” and “bs” here is you - use Ohio boys are some odd-birds 🐦

If you notice my post on a second or 2 was posted with stock saw videos. ;)

I dont listen to your hype BS as I have seen you tossed from every forum you been on to date. :lol:

So Randy @mastermind7864 is he just spewing or is he telling the truth above in 362 post. = frankie... hotwoods 362cm old version ... fuzz quicker than a stock 462c with 18” b/c ... 59cc vs 72.2cc ..... ol’ bird legs wanted to buy this saw off me !
It's smart to see what the competition is doing especially when you'll be selling hundreds of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

I could care less about gas used, I just want to get the work done faster. And more power can help run a larger sprocket, which can greatly improve mpg. My muffler modded 2188 would get about twice the run time with an 8t and aggressive chain over a 660 with 7t.

So how many forums you been tossed off now frankie, since that is what your going by here :lol: . I can think of 3 just off the top of my head.

Back