Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Saw video thread

Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    Talking ported not stock ... stock all 3 ; 461,462c and 572 are similar in performance and are ALL dogs compared to their ported brethren

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Where are the zeros. I don't see any zeros.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Stock 462 is waayyyy better than the 461...and a kilo lighter.
    I wouldn't look at a 461 now, faster or not, too heavy.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

Yah , I built my 462c with the intention of using a 20” b/c and am very pleased with the Saw ... lotsa-balsa in a very lightweight package ! Just make sure to run top-tier fuel and mix oil in these new “metered air-leak” offerings ... Time will tell on the longevity / durability ; Right now (at least imho) its a game-changer ... especially if you have one on steroids lol

https://youtu.be/8dLOmhDwPyEhot-woods ported 441c

Soooo....lemme see if I got this right...you 'built' a 462c...a brand new model of Stihl saw...with the intention of using a 20" b/c....I bought one off the shelf ready to go with a 20" b/c, runs like a scalded cat from the get-go, what part of all the time you have spent apparently 'tweaking' this saw am I not understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Yah , I built my 462c with the intention of using a 20” b/c and am very pleased with the Saw ... lotsa-balsa in a very lightweight package ! Just make sure to run top-tier fuel and mix oil in these new “metered air-leak” offerings ... Time will tell on the longevity / durability ; Right now (at least imho) its a game-changer ... especially if you have one on steroids lol

It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

...waiting...and my stock 462c is still spitting out the chips, no tweaking necessary.

Yah , I don’t run stock saws , just don’t do it mahn ! That 441cm is right there with a stock 661cm ; A stock 661will beat up on a stock 462 somethin fierce lol The 462c is 12-15% quicker than the 441cm as we speak ... STIHL doing some R/D (it takes time to do the job right ) ... Right now Shes about 32% quicker than stock with off the roll chain , waiting on / machining components as we speak ... As soon as I am satisfied with the fuel economy the vid will get posted k ...