Saw video thread

We in the Canadian artillery had a convention forbidding air burst white phosphorus.

But how are you supposed to smoke targets in dense forests or built up areas??

Why stock up on the MS441 when the replacement is soooo much better.

Yea, what size wood was that, and what kind and condition (green, dry, rotten, half rotten...)?

What's the replacement for the 3120?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why stock up on the MS441 when the replacement is soooo much better.
461 ; old-school design - will beat up on 462c;572xp esp with 32”+ bars; 441c and 241c can be made into good rippers too but the 441c is a pita to do compared with others models... haven’t dabbled much with husqvarna ... yet

Yea, what size wood was that, and what kind and condition (green, dry, rotten, half rotten...)?

What's the replacement for the 3120?

It was a pine that fell on a customers wrought iron fence ... smaller on end tapering to larger at butt ... not sure on the future of the 3120 but I will say a ported 395xp will handle a 42” bar which is sufficient for my neck o the woods

Stock 462 is waayyyy better than the 461...and a kilo lighter.
I wouldn't look at a 461 now, faster or not, too heavy.

Yah , I built my 462c with the intention of using a 20” b/c and am very pleased with the Saw ... lotsa-balsa in a very lightweight package ! Just make sure to run top-tier fuel and mix oil in these new “metered air-leak” offerings ... Time will tell on the longevity / durability ; Right now (at least imho) its a game-changer ... especially if you have one on steroids lol

Soooo....lemme see if I got this right...you 'built' a 462c...a brand new model of Stihl saw...with the intention of using a 20" b/c....I bought one off the shelf ready to go with a 20" b/c, runs like a scalded cat from the get-go, what part of all the time you have spent apparently 'tweaking' this saw am I not understanding?

Yah , I built my 462c with the intention of using a 20” b/c and am very pleased with the Saw ... lotsa-balsa in a very lightweight package ! Just make sure to run top-tier fuel and mix oil in these new “metered air-leak” offerings ... Time will tell on the longevity / durability ; Right now (at least imho) its a game-changer ... especially if you have one on steroids lol

...waiting...and my stock 462c is still spitting out the chips, no tweaking necessary.

Yah , I don’t run stock saws , just don’t do it mahn ! That 441cm is right there with a stock 661cm ; A stock 661will beat up on a stock 462 somethin fierce lol The 462c is 12-15% quicker than the 441cm as we speak ... STIHL doing some R/D (it takes time to do the job right ) ... Right now Shes about 32% quicker than stock with off the roll chain , waiting on / machining components as we speak ... As soon as I am satisfied with the fuel economy the vid will get posted k ...

Back