Saw video thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
AFFF7C67-B8EA-489F-9F5F-A1FD719E16FF.jpg custom-machined aluminum tuned intake sporting a K/N oiled filter

...waiting...and my stock 462c is still spitting out the chips, no tweaking necessary.
Maybe for YOU no mods needed and that’s fine ... it’s just that imho you just can’t beat a 462c on steroids ! Or a 441cm for that matter ... I’m limited to the stock intake/filter on this version (441cm) as of now ; on the 462c I’m not ...

OMG...what it that...thing...sticking out the back of a perfectly good saw. Take it on one of my jobs and it would last 5 minutes, either I would tear it off for getting in my way or a tree would reach out, grab it and chuck it in your face.

Sorry though, if you are into racing saws, then go for your life, have a ball, race to the last ounce of fuel...! :)

Are they really tree people if they don't leave the ground?::evil:

I agree. It is pretty hinky looking, kind of rough cut and stuck in looking. But if it does the job I reckon that's fine.

I'm happy just to be able to adjust the high and low screws to keep a saw running right. So anybody that can actually tune a saw and make it run better, more power to you...and the saw.

Some tree people don't leave the ground so they can have odd things sticking out the rear of saws.
Yes sir ... that “wood” be me ... I contract a climber / bucket truck when needed lol

It is rather a ragged looking cut to fit that air filter on.
No no sir ... there’s a machined aluminum tuned intake that the filter fits onto ... filter is held on to adapter by wide hose clamp

Having that thing over my right hand while limbing would drive me batshit in very short time.

Plenty of clearance ! Not an issue at all for me , your mileage may vary

There is software available that provides simulations ... It does come down to experimentation , trial and error ... A kart - Dyno configured for chainsaws “wood” be sweet !

Just build you one. You need a way to measure rpm, and drive a wheel of sorts with an adjustable brake and an arm on the brake that presses on a scale to measure torque.

Back