Best backpack blowers

I love my 600's, but I won't be buying anymore now that I have a 800, it is a beast

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My friend works at a large orchard (1 warehouse fire was $40M in damages). He said an optical scanner type of thing reads 6 pictures per cherry for sorting.

Sideways swinging helps to keep the air flow direction changing which agitates grass, sticks, and wood chips allowing them to much more quickly break free from the grass and catch the air they need to get blown out. I tried doubling up with a bg50 and 700, the 50 was worthless in comparison. The high compression of the 700 made it a bit annoying to start at times when tired at the end of a job.
You're trying to blow instead of raking? I guess you need all the CFMs you can get then. Our BR 600 meets our needs because we always have 2-3 rakers available (one person's specialty!). So the backpack blower is almost strictly for pavement, decks, walkways, clearing stumps of sawdust, etc. For that it's ample and has been problem-free for 2 years.

Sod types around here aren't so amenable to blowing. Do occasionally when it works, but generally faster to turn the ground boys on it with rakes, at least in the main drop zones.

But if we do wind up getting the 5" of snow predicted and it's the dryer type, going to try to blow a path for the trucks on Monday through the yard. Winter fun! Shaddup Butch!

We run a 430 and 700 on each crew, the favorite is the 700 by far. I have tried the 800, it's a beast!

Does 'beast' mean the physical size? Or the power?
The vid I saw it seemed to be really large on this gal. She could barely stand upright and mentioned she felt like some kid with an over large heavy school backpack

Dueling blowers for the win!

A guy I worked for rode up on the crane ball to blow off the roof at then end of the day. Opened the blower up full bore on the way up and swiveled around on the hook like crazy. It was a trip! He wasn't walking any straight lines for a minute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish it could do some 'Transformers'-action, folding up into a neat, protected shell after use, with a hot muffler cover, primer bulb/ starter cover, trigger control protector, for riding in the truck.

Back