Hazard Tree take downs

Some awesome footage! The music had a There Will Be Blood feel to it. " I drink your milkshake. I drink it up!"

That’s so great. I know there is a high way down below that is pretty busy in the summer months. How busy is it now? I heard a little bit of clean up in one segment of the video, what was acceptable? I’m guessing a huge mess was not. Lastly, did you replay him stumbling backwards just to mess with him? Great work, great planned felling, loved the use of a spotter for the guy felling. That’s how jobs should be done

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah still big line ups of traffic waiting on the highway. But not just for us, for rock blasting and stuff. Whatever ends up down there they have the machines to move it, however much, its not a problem. Yes I just put that clip in to bug Martin. Itll make him laugh.
Resized_20190226_084513_8940.jpg

That vid was mind blowing start to finish.

Lot of amazing trees being cut. That first, huge, dead one- lordy there musta been a serious ecosystem in that tree alone.

That first one was old, tall but to be honest not what youd call a habitat tree, Cory....comparatively speaking. Hollow and charred pipe at the bottom. One live limb mid way, then the rock hard upper section. More of a skeleton than anything.

Fair enough. I guess I was thinking less of habitat for raptors etc and more of lots of spiders and insects doing their work there.

But wow, again, hella vid.

Btw, hard to believe that you think tree work is kinda boring (I think that is how you've put it in the past). With the woods-skill shown, together with the superb filming and editing, one would think you truly enjoy the whole process.

Theres 10s of thousand of dying cedars in that area, just like that and much bigger. I don't think itll be missed. Too much the same of anything gets boring, surely. But jobs like this one only come a long once in a while, so i did feel sufficiently engaged throughout.

That's cool, Reg.

Hey, all the dead cedars you reference, is it just natural die off or is there a particular problem affecting them?

I think its just the area and growing conditions of such. They mosly look the same for miles around.

drought is hitting western redcedar, Thuja plicata, badly, locally. Not sure if beetles are now getting after stressed trees.

:thumbup:
Been loving this video series! Only tree-related thing I did during my time in Florida (apart from drinking some fresh coconut water & eating the coconut) was to watch this video and August's last one, since both were quick 5-min diversions!

I was hoping to free-climb a Banyan while there, but ran out of time. Ah well. Got to do my 3 mile brisk walk circuit over the Edison Bridge over the Caloosahatchee, about the only hill available in Ft. Myers. That and the Gulf dip were the only diversions I took over 10 days.

Back