Sena module dropped off and disappeared into ivy hedge

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uukZgfHZIoc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After using the cardo packtalks for a bit here. I don't think they need a thread of their own. I wouldn't recommend them for,treework over a traditional Bluetooth comm unit like a sena smh10r or the such. The digital mesh which is a great feature for biking I think would grow old for treework. The mics are live all the time, your music streams and the units automatically lower the music volume when talking occurs. The noise cancelling is amazing, comms are crystal clear, my wife and I are each listening to different streaming music from our phones. Voice commands work well. So it's virtually a handsfree helmet comm system. Super handy for riding. But every mutter, curse,grunt or groan of a tree person would potentially be activating the comms. I could see that being very frustrating on a tree crew. The ability to shut the comms off entirely withnthe Bluetooth systems is nice in that setting. The packtalk also has a phone app which is handy for setup as all volumes and mic sensitivity and features are easily adjusted through it without having to memorize a new language of button combinations.

The digital mesh tech and enhanced voice command/recognition makes for a much more costly unit over a traditional Bluetooth comm system. Also the antennae and 'roller' for volume adjustment(as well as other things) I could also see being problematic for tree work. It should be noted that the packtalk can be used as a Bluetooth comm system as well but that negates the advantages of the digital mesh which is a big part of the increased cost.

Plenty of vids out there on the system if you don't want to take my word for it. Cardo packtalk.

Yes, thanks. I'm about to buy another unit and was wonder if I should switch over.

Back