Sena module dropped off and disappeared into ivy hedge

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Shit. I must not have clipped the module onto my helmet properly
I was dangling over a roof, heard a bang...then next time I tried to talk to my groundie, nothing.
So I realized the bang was the module falling onto the roof...it must have bounced and gone plop right into the deepest darkest portion of a thick ivy hedge on the wall next to the house.
We looked in the gutters, in the alley, we raked we shook...that module is stuck inside somewhere way deep.

So, do I have to buy a whole new unit? :(

300 bucks!!!

I did the same thing, only it was a new pair of spectacles... slapped off my face by a limb... over water. :(

Fiona, you have a chance at recovery. My Sena went into the Lake of Ozarks. Unfortunately, I didn't have Gary's underwater model of Sena...

The water was about 4'... after the job I took my pants off and waded in, hoping to find them. It was cold as shit and I failed in my mission.

The glasses were about a month old. Basically, I worked for free that day.

Check on Amazon. Not too bad. About 150.00 and change US$. The SMH10. Guessing that is what you had. Buying pairs saves a little and you have a back up.

That blows, Fi. Have you thought about offering a couple of street urchins $50 to the first one to find it, consolation award of $25 to the one who didn't? It would be found, I expect :).

Every time I lost something on the job and couldn't find it I have gone back a day or two later alone with no time or job pressure and search again. High success rate with this tack , and I often think , shit I went right by it yesterday.

Angle of light in the situation can make a difference...go at a different time of day...use a flashlight, probably in shadows.

Drop something from the same spot...
My phone tumbled down a cliff one time when I was changing from pants to shorts...I dropped a rock of about similar weight. I found the phone.

I had someone drop the rock while I was below to watch, actually.

Shake the hedge with a pole hook Karter checking the hedge top and ground carefully.

Idk about island labor prices, but 2 hours of hard searching would seem like a good gamble. If the light is still on, especially so.

Idk what side of the world you're on. Probably way cheaper to hire help, and be thorough.

Do you remove your comm, or maybe just snagged, rather than not being fully installed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I can't exactly repeat the drop...might well revisit, even leave a note at the door.
Trust me a flashlight won't help, that ivy is like two feet thick in places...and eight feet high

Fi, some amount of the comm must be metal, right? What about a metal detector? Test on the other unit first.

If it's like my Sena it should have a blue blinking light for several days depending on the charge. Try looking at night. With permission of course.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ohh wish I'd thought of that...too much time has gone by now. Does anyone think a magnet might work?

Not sure how much ferrous metal is those things , but I re-roofed here and spent a bit of time with two different magnets , amazing how close you have to get the magnet to get it.

Metal detector. I am the guy who lends one out here. Bet there is someone there you could borrow one from. My cheap ass one has found a lot. I should upgrade. Shopped around but have a hard time spending that much on a good one. Don't really treasure hunt. Guess I could take it up. Cheap one is $100. They go up to over $1000. I have the cheap Walmart $100. Found my cell phone in the snow once. Hay loft another time. If you think treasure hunting could be fun look at high end.

Rental places have them for rent around here. Had to rent one to find my property stakes when laying out my building, it was around $25 a day. Worth asking about.

Back