How long do your saws last?

That is what I expect from mine.
Drop whatever he is doing and see to my problem right away.

But then We spent somewhere around 40 grand at his store last year.
That gives me some leverage.

That is true, if you are prepared to pay extra at the saw shop, rather than save a few quid on the internet, it’ll pay dividends when you’re in the shit.

Uhmmm , not bragging about Ron's Husquavarna Townshend Vermont USA but , well I'm a loyal customer and they appreciate it so when they cannot get to it and I'm down they will send me out with a loaner (offer not good on climb saws). Sometimes a new model demonstrate r sometimes Ron's old saw or one used for sale (I have purchased a couple of these) Much appreciate it , MUCH

I don't usually do too much work for others.If I do I might only want a 12 pack of beer or something .Then along comes some cheap SOB.I repaired a PM 610 McCulloch ,he sold it no beer .He' dropped off 3 or 4 more. In my shed I'll never touch them .I might get a case of the red ass and give them away .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s February 28th 2019. I just bought a new husqy 390xp. I’ll bump this thread in 2 years and let you know how it’s doing. Unless I smash it before then. I just smashed a 461 the other day. Doing a free job no less.

Hi everyone! New guy here ... p/u a 462c a few weeks ago and me likey ! I used a set of 064 dawgs to upgrade the stock setup ... not a bolt on but a little filing and they fit perfectly

Welcome. Modding the latest and greatest stihl straight outta the chute. Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Justin

It’s a sweet Saw imho , lightweight and cuts quick , especially when on steroids !

I remember how I found this place. I googled something along the lines of tree forum, and found a few, but posts were talking about how great this place was, great members, great kind of people even if there's not nearly as many members as the other forums, so I knew this was the place. I got good vibes from what I saw here.

I caught it on sale at TSC last fall at $6/gallon....I bought 32 gallons over the course of several trips.
Country Line bar oil is currently on sale at TSC right now for 2 for $10. Can't get any cheaper than $5/gallon! We use 150 gallons or more per year.

Back