A Smooth Day

Page

TreeHouser
We did a job the other week and the home owner made this sweet video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z_mNd265WQU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's the best treework video I've seen in ages. Short, speeded up, in and out... EXCELLENT!!!

VWyRECL.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah he did a nice job with it. I wish the video would slow down here and there to show a little detail but only tree guys would care about that. It’ll be perfect for the website.

Nice job Mike. I showed this to my crew at lunch. They are now wondering why we don’t use cranes on a regular basis. So efficient. Was that Pete operating the crane for you?

Nice job Mike. I showed this to my crew at lunch. They are now wondering why we don’t use cranes on a regular basis. So efficient. Was that Pete operating the crane for you?
That was Pete’s company but Ryan was the operator. All his guys are good. Even the new guys. He trains them well

This year I tried to make using a crane a regular thing but It doesn’t always line up. Plus the rain has been killer.

Pete is a great crane op. I haven't worked with him a few years, and he's got it dialed in... Strap where he puts you and cut where he says.... about as easy as it gets...

That's a lot of work for a small truck and mini to get done.. Very good ground work to keep processing the material as fast as it came...

This is Pete on the crane from some years back cira 2010

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-vhn4_BgikM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We had a smooth day today too.. Never left the ground, setting up ropes all day to lit this 120' tulip vertical from 35 degrees sitting in a chestnut oak right over the neighbor's house.. Got the call yesterday morning. A local company wanted 10K and a release signed for no liability if the crane damaged the neighbor's driveway.. I bid 6K for Egyptian style, block and tackle.. We started with 3:1 MA on with the GRCS (which had 2 years of dust on it), and two safety lines, set with 3:1 MA to triangulate vectors... That probably wouldn't have done the job, and fortunately had an extra line set and with a straight shot back to the driveway 200'+ was able to use the pick up truck to bump it up a foot or two at a time and then crank the main line, then take up the two side safety lines consecutively, for 8-10 rounds to stand this beast up some 35'... Tree is standing straight now with 4 support lines and will be bombs away tomorrow, no lowering, nothing to damage , just put it on the ground and go home..

Another highly experienced tree guy who lives around the corner stopped by to lend me a crank handle for the GRCS, and taught me a real nice trick for tying two ropes together when the knot has to run through a crotch.. It was touch and go there for a few.. One of those jobs you take just to see if what you think will work, actually does...

Nice vid, Page. Not sure how I missed it earlier.

Interesting to see so many picks landed backwards.

Back