Hydraulic Cartridge Valve replacement

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I'm having a problem on my mini-loader. Seems like it is operating like its stuck on 'turtle' mode, rather than normal 'rabbit' mode.

The technical support pointed toward a cartridge valve replacement and poppet valve replacement.

I have no knowledge of such things, specifically, but do have replacement cartridge valve, and random seal packs that are normally part of an 'assembly' or group of parts or whatnot, but had to be pieced together from individuals.

Any insight is helpful.

http://www.boxerequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Boxer-532-DX-Parts-Manual.pdf

parts 27 and 29 from the Creep Valve Group at the beginning of the manual.

Wondering/ hoping if its just a matter unscrewing/ replacing/ re-screwing together.

Can a repair manual be downloaded? A pressure test may be involved after said parts are replaced. The poppet valve may or may not be adjustable. If it isn’t then a test probably isn’t needed.

Post a picture of what you have, it should be a simple swap out, perhaps with a pressure check like BlackSmith mentions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
15498964137331178893983.jpg

The cartridge and poppet valves look like they will unscrew and replace by screwing back in.

Idk if the o ring packets are just replacements for the valve bodies, if that is what you call them.

The local boxer mechanic is 30 miles away...

First/ last time he didn't even get around to working on it, as he is Bailey's traveling technician for the area, gone a lot.

Waste of time, money, production lost.

I remember an issue with my very first bucket truck and the high dollar hydraulic shop said I needed to replace the two cartridges in the boom cylinders. Except the ones they sold me weren't quite right and the boom wouldn't hold position, it sank slowly. I ended up cleaning the old cartridges and replacing the o rings and sticking them back in and it worked fine.

Take your time pulling the old cartridge out, clean it up and replace the o rings. If that works then you can return the new cartridge. If not, stick the new one in.

TY, Brian.

Seems like a lot of durable power with simple, accessible, replaceable o-rings.

I have limited hydraulics understanding, so without an experience base, I'm Listening before I go figuring, trying to replace what's needed without going nuts. I think that with rush shipping that stuff was $237, IIRC.

Sure, or preferably carb cleaner. Any petroleum compatible solvent is fine. Usually an air hose will be the main tool of choice. Similar to cleaning/rebuilding a carburetor but bigger pieces that you won't lose under the bench if you drop them.

Back