Helmet cams and whatnot

Page

TreeHouser
Recently someone gave me a action cam and a bunch of attachments for mounting but none of them seem to work well on my proto. I’m interested to see how others have theirs mounted and more importantly how you maintain the correct viewing angle. I know they tighten down but I would think it would be easy to keep bashing it on braches and knocking it out of place.

I used JBWeld to attach my Contour Roam back in the day. I got a new lid a few years ago and haven't bothered to remount the bracket.

Recently someone gave me a action cam and a bunch of attachments for mounting but none of them seem to work well on my proto. I’m interested to see how others have theirs mounted and more importantly how you maintain the correct viewing angle. I know they tighten down but I would think it would be easy to keep bashing it on braches and knocking it out of place.

Similar to a buck getting used to how far he must duck to make it under limbs with his new antlers, you will get used to your tele-tubby antler.
If its a go pro mount, you can relieve about 1/4 to 1/3 of the adhesive in the middle of the mount and then place the (curved) mount centered over the ridgleline on the protos just forward of the vent. This will barley inhibit the shield at the top of it's upward travel but not enough to matter and the vent will still work.

Placing the camera to show the work off the hands and yet still show what you see when you look up is not possible, so you have to choose. . .I like to show the work of my hands and when I look up for the viewers sake, I way exaggerate my neck like a pez dispenser to to show the camera lens what I see. However, if you buy the new GoPro Fusion, then you can see everything. I don't have one yet, I want them to improve it.

Maybe, a tiny mark on your face screen/ visor that is right in line with your eye could be used like a rifle-sight for what the camera is looking at, if your helmet fits your head securely and the same way. By the way my visor touches my nose a bit on one side, always, I Think my helmet rides pretty much the same, or I can feel otherwise.

Back