Thoughts? tree launcher shoots line up to 250 feets

https://youtu.be/SAIH7HYbdSI. Here is a variation on the big shot I made a couple of years ago. Wanted something short that I could shoot like a gun. Skateboard wheels for pullies, archery trigger. Worked okay up to about 75 feet. Regular big shot is better. I still just hand throw. Fun project though.

That's slick! I am thinking that the skate board wheels actually guide the pocket more accurately.

As far as legality goes, building a cannon that sends spuds into low orbit is illegal as hell, but iirc i even did one for a physics project. We also built an adjustable rate of fire trigger mechanism, to make a paintball gun fully automatic. We had to make it adjustable because it cycled so fast that it was shearing the paintballs in half. Columbine had just happened so we had it film it rather than bringing it in, and the teacher just laughed hysterically when he saw it :D.

If that is your product dude, get rid of that clear barrel immediately. Clear plastic is brittle as hell, and threaded clear plastic is asking to kill someone. There's a reason why no piping system on earth uses it.

Clear plastic is indeed inherently brittle.

I use these on occasion for longer shots. Just some aluminum turned down to fit in a pneumatic launcher . the "O" ring makes a big difference and will easily shoot over 200ft with 115 psi. I haven't done any real max distance tests with it but the first time I tried it I sent the weight with 200 ft of throw line that was tied to the corner of a small tarp up an over a 175 ft Spruce, it stuck the tarp 40 ft up the tree. IMGP0004.jpg

Climbhigh, what's going on in your avatar pic?
Looks like half rope runner half hitchhiker... is the HH dogbone doing anything besides holding the hitch? Looks cool, any other pics?

300 gramme lead sinker and a fishing line will get you to 70 meters.

Just don't stand where that sinker is coming down:lol:

Stopping here.
I have plenty of fishing poles and sinkers lol. I have used that a grand total of twice over the years. ymmv.

I'd thought a spud gun might work using "jet line" .It will launch a potato far enough but the accuracy thing might not be too good .With a big enough expansion chamber on a two inch pipe those things will throw a spud 4-500 feet .Geeze would that put a lump on the old bean if you got hit by one .:O

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MsGX3xoxMjM?list=UUWspz651Idr66-bwu1RPOlg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> , home-made compressed-air launcher that gets the job done ! Can purchase everything needed at the Home Depot (with exception of schrader valve available at ace hardware) including the throw bag and line ... notch 14oz bag and line ... approx $100 iirc ... the pipe is rated for 300psi but I seldom need more than 100psi for the species of tree in my area

Back