ISA

Good job on your bcma, I see you put it on your signature line... You are proud of it and well should be. I'm shooting for it this year. I'm kind of excited to study for something. I feel like I've let my brain stagnate over the years. I've been a CA for 18 years now. I have no complaints, has not been a hinderance or an annoyance in anyway.

I took a couple years of Ag and Horticulture in school and learned some great things about pruning and training systems used in the industry for fruit, nut, grape and flower production. It's a genuine science that I was able to apply in my regular trimming as an arborist in the latter years.

Any treeman who learns what pruning is about will become a much better treeman by it.

Page 413 in the FGTW. Just a couple pages defining the distinctions between Trimming, Training and Pruning practices.

I agree, Deva, skill and knowledge in pruning systems should be more recognized.

DSC07840.jpg

At least you wrote something.

Your book is awesome.
It still holds a lot of water these days.

When's the next hang out Jerry?

Sitting in my hotel watching the working climber series. I read the fundamentals loved it then bought the whole video series. Can't get enough.

You can send it to me after you've watched it enough to memorize it. Promise I'll send it back... eventually.

I'm thinking about going for the BCMA certification. I took the test several years ago and missed it by 2 points. :cry:

If it's worth it... take it.

Right? Why buy an 088 if you're a hand snip kinda person.

I need TRAQ now if I'm going to work utilities and fires...

Back