Cold showers

I get it. It's the difference between standing in the crash zone, getting sprayed by ocean surf, and just diving in and getting it all over with.

I like the rapid immersion if I’m swimming. When I was at Abrahm’s Falls this summer I just walked into the river and flopped over into it in a matter of seconds. One heck of a rush. Then spent an hour just swimming around and jumping off ledges enjoying it. The hike back sucked though. All my joints were cold and didn’t like the moderately strenuous hike up the mountain.
IMG_6920.jpeg IMG_6922.jpeg
Me and my oldest kid before swimming

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And all the Finns, Norwegians, Russkies, Pols, etc that have been doing it for ages! :rockhard: :rockhard:

I can just picture the old man that lives behind her, sipping coffee in his warm house looking out the window. "What are you always looking at dear" "damn squirrels keep trying to get in the bird feeder, I'm trying to see how they do it..." :lol:

Joe Rogan swears by the 3 minute ice bath before a workout.

I should do it really. There is a pretty cold body of water just 40m from my house. The fjord freezes over outside my house occasionally. It always freezing further down the fjord and when the temps rise we see big ice sheets floating past.

IMG_7970.jpeg

Edit: that picture was taken from the warmth of my kitchen. I am not brave enough yet to go in 🤪

Back